i300c bungee wrist mount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin Floyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i have started diving a dry suit. Is there a replacement wrist mount sold for the i300c that allows the use of bungees? The normal watch style strap seams to always go to loose or to tight on the dry suit. I don’t want to cut or permanently modify my watch style strap as it works great as is when I’m warm water diving.

There is no bungee mount sold for the Aqualung i300(c) wrist.
The wrist is not just a puck module in a wrist boot. There are 4 legs on the module that stick through slots in the boot, then attach to the straps.

I suppose if you wanted, you could remove the straps then see if you are able to pass bungee cord through the four pinholes.

I bought the deepseasupply mount that they said worked with the veo2. They couldn't tell me that it worked but it worked perfectly. I think many puck computers are the same size but I don't have more experience with it than this and I later sold it with the i300.

I found this but I'm not sure if it helps. There are a few hits for the veo if you do a search but DSS is out of business at this time. There are some stores online that have some of their leftover stock. This is but one. The mount had an access for the download cable so it wouldn't have to be removed from the mount. Bungee Mounts Piranha Dive Shop |

I have a solution for making a bungee wrist mount for the AquaLung i300C computer. I tried the case mentioned in the post above, and it doesn't work. So, here is what I did.

Parts needed: bungee cord; two, one inch long aluminum (or other suitable metal) spacers; stainless steel wire.

Remove straps
Fish bungee cord through spacers
Apply each spacer between the ears where the screws for the straps previously were
Fish stainless steel wire through each spacer and through the holes in the ears where the screws previously were
Twist wires at each end
Tie bungee cord (see video_

Photos of finished product attached

()

Attachments

• IMG_1250.jpg
    IMG_1250.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_1252.jpg
    IMG_1252.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 435
Here’s another option using the stock pins.

Attachments

• 524D55FA-B511-41CB-A41F-3E3807C5B1C9.jpeg
    524D55FA-B511-41CB-A41F-3E3807C5B1C9.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 341
  • 77696F65-164A-4F7A-850E-E4D438874A18.jpeg
    77696F65-164A-4F7A-850E-E4D438874A18.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 451
i have started diving a dry suit. Is there a replacement wrist mount sold for the i300c that allows the use of bungees? The normal watch style strap seams to always go to loose or to tight on the dry suit. I don’t want to cut or permanently modify my watch style strap as it works great as is when I’m warm water diving.
22mm standard length Premium Nylon Sports Watch Band Dive Surf Tuff Black NEW | eBay
Try the eBay link. It may save time and prove beneficial.

Back
Top Bottom