Seaskin neck and wrist seal, user reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regular latex seals also work fine in the sitech wrist and neck system.

I carry a cheap set of them as backup instead of expensive silicone.
Silicone from seaskin is not to expensive, the reason I carry silicone spares is that the last forever, latex always seems rotten just as soon as you need them.

Silicone from seaskin is not to expensive, the reason I carry silicone spares is that the last forever, latex always seems rotten just as soon as you need them.

OK, just throwing it out there.... I always have spare latex seals on hand for other dry suits anyway.

I'm getting ready to place my order for my Nova drysuit this weekend. I'll order the S-tech oval replacement wrist seal system with silicone seals and the Rolock 90 System from Seaskin.

Is there anything else I need to order, Lined gloves, etc.? I noticed that gloves aren't included in the Rolock 90 kit
'Don't want to leave anything out.

Thanks!

I prefer the SHOWA 720 gloves. You can get free sample pairs of any of SHOWA's glove models by calling their 800 number and requesting the models and sizes you want samples of.

I recommend checking with Seaskin regarding what comes with the Rolock 90 system you are ordering from them...there are different versions of the kit. One version has a blue glove retaining ring, the other has a black glove retaining ring, and there is another version that comes with both glove retaining rings.

I bring this up because you mentioned "lined gloves"...for gloves with an attached (glued in) insulating liner you will need the black glove retaining ring, for gloves without an attached insulating liner you will need the blue glove retaining ring.

I think @lexvil mentioned that his came with both retaining rings...I am hoping he chimes in to confirm. I received my kit directly from Rolock and only received the blue ring in the kit they sent me.

Given how inexpensive the spare silicone seals are through Seaskin, I recommend purchasing a few extra sets (pairs of wrist seals and neck seals). The silicone does not breakdown over time like latex does. I keep one full set in my save-a-dive kit, and the rest live in a plastic tote on a shelf in the garage. Since purchasing my suit in 2018, I have only had one wrist seal tear (knock on wood). It took longer for me to fish out the replacement seal from my save-a-dive kit than it took to remove the torn seal and replace it. The silicone seals are fairly durable in use but I am very gently on them when stretching to put on and take off my suit. I put baby powder in an old dress sock and use it to dab powder on my neck and wrist seals before putting on my suit.

If I was to recommend anything else from Seaskin it would be to ensure your kit is coming with the Si-Tech combi tool. It will help with seal replacement as well as valve removal/replacement/tightening. Mine lives in my save-a-dive kit:
tbn:ANd9GcSiv1aYZo3ZI329GYsy1UShBXJZ2XF85MqD_GdN6mPoMY_0RoawwsuCADxchKncskOc9be53hjnIdM&usqp=CAc.png

-Z

My Rolock came with both rings, just looked in the box and the black ones are there so I must have used the blue.

Reactions: Zef
OK, just throwing it out there.... I always have spare latex seals on hand for other dry suits anyway.

Its good info and many folks don't know that the Si-Tech round Quick Cuff rings as well as the Si-Tech QCS oval ring systems can use either silicone or latex wrist seals.

There neck system systems can use silicone, latex, and a specially made neoprene seal as well.

-Z

For those looking to purchase the oval rings make sure your hands will fit through. When I ordered rings back when Antares were an option I was advised to make a template to check and found that they were too narrow. Not sure if this is a problem with the newer QCS but worth checking out. My hands are not that large but have a fairly wide palm.

For those looking to purchase the oval rings make sure your hands will fit through. When I ordered rings back when Antares were an option I was advised to make a template to check and found that they were too narrow. Not sure if this is a problem with the newer QCS but worth checking out. My hands are not that large but have a fairly wide palm.

I don't think the opening of the cuff-side ring has changed any over the years. Si-Tech did modify the rigid oval ring so that the Antares glove system could attach and then they also developed a red ring that is designed to prevent the wrist seal, glove, or undergarment material from interfering with the locking tabs of the Antares glove ring. I don't believe this materially affects the amount of space that makes up the opening of the QCS oval cuff ring.

It should be noted that with the exception of the Antares dryglove system and the Fourth Element Ellipse dryglove system, all the other dryglove systems replace the rigid oval ring with a rigid round ring.

The rigid cuff ring of the Ultima DGS has an inner diameter of 88.5mm at the rear end and 90mm at the front (closest to the fingers).

The rigid cuff ring of the Rolock 90 system has an inner diameter of 88mm.

-Z

Well, I got myself measured and place my order last night for a new Nova Drysuit.

It took a few tries to get my credit card info. accepted, but it finally went through. I got an email with a transaction # thanking me for me order. I guess now to wait for the estimated dispatch date from them.

Well, I got myself measured and place my order last night for a new Nova Drysuit.

It took a few tries to get my credit card info. accepted, but it finally went through. I got an email with a transaction # thanking me for me order. I guess now to wait for the estimated dispatch date from them.

Congrats!

I don't recall reading whether this is your first drysuit or not. If it is then you should know that it will take time to learn to dive it and the first few dives can be frustrating as you relearn how to control your spatial orientation in the water column due to the air you add to your suit.

-Z

Thanks. This is my second drysuit. I learned on a Pinnacle EVO 2 about 12+ years ago. Always dove very conservative air wise in the suit. Never had any mishaps. But I agree, diving dry is a whole other ballgame than diving wet. More to manage, but the warmth is worth it, when the temps go low.

Reactions: Zef
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom