Yellow hoses and Yellow regulator Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok you do you.

I was taught the primary donate as well and have disagreed with it from day one. Maybe it’s my military training, maybe not. However, primary to me means it’s my usual piece that I use kind of like a parachute. I have my main and I have a reserve. In diving the reserve is a secondary and is used when the primary fails.

I will continue to dive this way. The yellow secondary regulator is high viz for that reason.

I brief this way and will continue to do so. I personally have witnessed a proactive out of air situation and a panicked situation. Based on those experiences is why I have the opinion I do.

Wish you well on your diving, don’t see how we are going to agree when your talking about a different setup than what I and the majority of the rental fleet has. You keep talking about your long hose and necklace setup. I keep talking about what most people rent and what most people buy (like in my picture). So we are splitting hairs. I have been to a lot of dive shops and a lot of locations. I have yet to see the necklace configuration or a extremely long hose. I’m sure they are out there. But if you go rent gear and go diving on a boat your rental setup will be just like the picture I posted.

Yes I dive a full face. Why because I can. It is on a quick disconnect and my old primary is in my zippered pocket. Along with my old mask. I still use them and alternate between the two.

Glenn

I think the primary issue with this discussion is that you do not know what a standard primary donate configuration (with or without a long hose) is. Sorry if I am wrong but it is what I get from your posts time and time again.

The second issue is that you keep stating as facts, things that are not always true. Often may be but not always. The rentals argument is another example of this. There are dive shops/operations that rent gear with the reg on a primary donate configuration with a long hose.

I think the primary issue with this discussion is that you do not know what a standard primary donate configuration (with or without a long hose) is. Sorry if I am wrong but it is what I get from your posts time and time again.

The second issue is that you keep stating as facts, things that are not always true. Often may be but not always. The rentals argument is another example of this. There are dive shops/operations that rent gear with the reg on a primary donate configuration with a long hose.
Pictures or it’s a lie

Pictures or it’s a lie
???

What would this picture be of?
a long hose setup and an itemized receipt describing the hose lengths?

A long hose set up on my floor?

???

What would this picture be of?
a long hose setup and an itemized receipt describing the hose lengths?

No just messing with you. Just walk into a rental dive shop and take a picture of their long hose setup, then ask them what they rent the most of. Short hose setup like I showed you or a long hose setup. I’ll wait

Glenn

No just messing with you. Just walk into a rental dive shop and take a picture of their long hose setup, then ask them what they rent the most of. Short hose setup like I showed you or a long hose setup. I’ll wait

Glenn

That is a fast answer as some of these shops just have a long hose setup.

That is a fast answer as some of these shops just have a long hose setup.

Look here’s the issue. Europe does things differently than we do in the North America region.

That said go to the BVI,s, Aruba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Honduras etc. you may find a long hose rental rig, but they are not the norm. I have not rented gear in Europe so can’t speak to their rental gear. I believe this. Is why you’ve got your heels dug in and why I have mine dug in. However I can post pictures from any local dive shops that rent gear and you will see the gear is all short hose setup.

Glenn

Look here’s the issue. Europe does things differently than we do in the North America region.

That said go to the BVI,s, Aruba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Honduras etc. you may find a long hose rental rig, but they are not the norm. I have not rented gear in Europe so can’t speak to their rental gear. I believe this. Is why you’ve got your heels dug in and why I have mine dug in. However I can post pictures from any local dive shops that rent gear and you will see the gear is all short hose setup.

Glenn

Extreme Exposure in the USA, Red Sea Explorers in Egypt,...

You are assuming that all that you know, is all that there is.

Just out of curiosity, should rentals be the standard?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom