Greenprene wet suit by Henderson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Kay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can you please comment on the Henderson greenprene wet suits. They are made from recycles water bottles which makes me leery regarding wear and comfort and longevity.

I am looking for a very easy to put on wetsuit due to bad shoulders. Can any one recommend one?
Thanks.

Hi @Dave Kay

I bought a 3 mm Greenprene suit at the end of last summer and did 20 dives with it in September Henderson Greenprene? I haven't had a chance to dive it yet this year, water too cool

It is very easy to don, is quite comfortable, I think it is a bit warmer than my previous Thermoprene Pro 3 mm. It is a little more buoyant than my last suit. I won't know about durability for a while

Can’t comment on the Greeneprene as I have not worn one. As for your second question, I do have a Henderson TherMaxx back zip and I find it very “stretchy” and easy to put on.

I bought a Greenprene to use at work and have been very impressed. Much more stretch than other suits I've tried and the inside material makes it very easy to get on and comfortable to keep on. Didn't think about it until I saw a comment above, but it does seem slightly more buoyant than a traditional wetsuit- I'm probably wearing an extra 2lbs compared to a brand new neoprene suit and haven't noticed any crushing yet. So far it's holding up really well; I've had it about 6 months but dive a lot and am pretty abusive to suits.

From experience with many students and customers, a front zip suit is typically harder to get into with bad shoulders. Stick with a back zip and don't feel bad asking for help when you need it.

From experience with many students and customers, a front zip suit is typically harder to get into with bad shoulders. Stick with a back zip and don't feel bad asking for help when you need it.
Agree as far as a standard front zip. But the one I linked to has a zip that goes completely through the suit. Put one leg through (or start the zipper a couple of inches and put both through) and then it's like putting on and zipping up a coat. No contortion required. It's also very easy to peel off once you unzip it, although if both shoulders are bad, you may need someone to help you for a few seconds.

I have one. It really works.

I've had my 7mm Greenprene suit for a year now, and I've done a little over 50 dives in it (the rest of my dives have been in my drysuit.) I'm happy with it. It's pretty much indistinguishable from the Thermaxx I had before--maybe a tiny bit warmer? The Thermaxx I had before developed a thin spot just below the zipper after about 100 dives, which I think may have been due to the suit not being a perfect fit. Henderson sizes are a bit weird; I'm a 12 in every other brand, but I was swimming inside Henderson's 12. So I bought the 10 Tall, which is close, but maybe too short in the torso or too small in the hips/butt. I'm also thinking maybe I put extra strain on the material by zipping myself up instead of having my buddy do it, which I do now. At this rate it'll be another year before I can speak to durability, but so far I'm optimistic.

ETA: Both suits are/were delightfully stretchy and easy to don and doff.

I have one. It really works.

full.jpg

Magnificent style suit for in and out and everything and always have the zipper started about 5 inches

View attachment 658980

Magnificent style suit for in and out and everything and always have the zipper started about 5 inches
Glad to see it holds up. It looks like you have way more dives on yours than I have on mine. Maybe more than I have total :)

I put my hands on one a few months ago. Can't really tell the difference to normal prene. It's soft and stretchy like thermoprene pro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom