Any experience with Trshbg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buying (and therefore encouraging a manufacturer to make) more trash in the name of collecting trash? No thanks. There are plenty of mesh bags that come with scuba products that are perfect for trash collection. I've used mesh bags that scubapro booties come inside for years. That's far from the only scuba product I've purchased which came in a mesh bag. Add a 50 cent carbiner or other clip to attach it and you're done.

Reusing existing stuff is at the core of conservation and recycling.

This (not my photo):
View attachment 654717

My sister and I went through a strong Nerf battle phase and every now and then I find the old mesh Nerf bullet bags. I've commandeered them for small trash since most of what I find is small or foldable, and they have a drawstring so I can tighten them around one of my wrists and hold in my hand so the bag doesn't get caught and won't fall if I'm trying to put something in it.

If I do more shore diving or consistently find bigger trash I might look to buy an actual bag. All my mesh bags are the size of the bullet bags or a giant ones that fit my dive find and would be too unwieldy underwater

Received them today, great first impression!
Will post some pics later on, and the real test will be once in the water, 2 weeks from now.

Received them today, great first impression!
Will post some pics later on, and the real test will be once in the water, 2 weeks from now.

So fast!

I only collect big teeth...:rofl3:

I thought the holes might be a little large for the smallest of teeth too but I liked the way there bag was opened with that one way pass through. I've used the little bags and opening them for every tooth when you get on a bed of smalls gets tedious. It would be nice to just have a push through opening that kind of closed itself.

I might have to order one to try it out. I wish they were on Amazon.

You could make yourself something like the speared lionfish catcher tubes, only smaller of course.

Just wondering if you would feel safe putting fish hooks into the bag. I collect a lot of rusty hooks and that is always the hardest thing to pack up safely. If the TRSHBG is solid material on the side that faces inward it might be good for hooks. My normal collection "bag" is shown below. It has a bunch of drain holes punched in it and can hold a ton of stuff. It's only good for debris-specific dives though obviously. I want something I can bring on every dive and still have decent capacity.
land-signature-peanut-butter-filled-pretzel-nuggets-kirkland-signature-55-ounce-955249_1200x1200.jpg

Hello everyone,

Terribly sorry for the delay in updating this thread, I was planning on offering feedback shortly after receiving the Trshbg but then life happened... in any case, should be around more now.

I have had to opportunity to try it out on a couple of occasions now and have to say I am very happy with it.
It is very streamlined when empty/not being used and does not interfere at all with my ability to move. The straps are also reasonably long and should work for most everyone, I had no issue finding the right adjustment for me.

About being streamlined, I also quite like the ability to make it a larger pouch (by undoing the velcro at the bottom) so it has an increased capacity. When you don't need that bigger storage space however, the velcro keeps it neatly close to you.

I found no issue with putting items in the bag through the sleeve, even hooks when I cut some lines. That being said, if the hook is more elaborated (as in multiple hooks), I can see they could get stuck a bit. Not a big issue, just need to be a little more careful when sliding your hand inside. I was not worried about getting stabbed by the hooks either, the back of the Trshbg offered enough protection.

The opening on the side is quite convenient, no issues removing the items from the bag. Kudos on adding the little strap at the top so it cannot get unzipped by accident, the zipper stays locked at the top.

It will not replace a large bag if the spot is full of trash but is perfect for rec divers who wants to clean up when they encounter some crap during a dive.

I've added a few pics, happy to answer any question if I'm able to.
Cheers!

IMG_1017.jpeg IMG_1018.jpeg IMG_1019.jpeg IMG_1020.jpeg IMG_1021.jpeg

I got my trshbg also and I really like it, but have not gotten it in the water yet. PADI has a 20% sale going on, which seems to be a regular thing for them.

The pretzel bottle works very well if you are doing a lot of line removal. It gets heavy enough to where you can leave it in a central location and then fill as you go. It just does not drain that well, even with lots of holes. It's great with a lot of ugly hooks though as it provides plenty of protection and it empties with one shake.

Back
Top Bottom