In case anyone was interested but didnt see this in the accessories forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A while back, someone described a technique to recover a lost finger spool while taking a tec course. I believe that the instructor was John Chatterton.

I made a video of this process so others could see what this entailed. Apparently there was too much text reading and the video was also from a pool. So, I have revised the video to make it less objectionable and I have also changed the video to an open water site. The revised video is also more descriptive of the process.

A while back, someone described a technique to recover a lost finger spool while taking a tec course. I believe that the instructor was John Chatterton.

I made a video of this process so others could see what this entailed. Apparently there was too much text reading and the video was also from a pool. So, I have revised the video to make it less objectionable and I have also changed the video to an open water site. The revised video is also more descriptive of the process.

So what am I missing? If the line is firmly attached to the finger spool, why not just pull the line up?

So what am I missing? If the line is firmly attached to the finger spool, why not just pull the line up?
Because then you have a spaghetti tangle of line all around you. Putting a weight on the line keeps the excess (relatively) safely below you and makes it less likely to tangle after you retrieve the spool and are winding it back up.

and you don't have to pull anything

Two double enders, is pretty good

yes no need to take a weight for that: one or 2 double enders or a back-up light and that's it. KISS :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom