Seaskin neck and wrist seal, user reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,
I've decided to order a Nova Seaskin dry suit soon. I have all of my options decided on except the neck and wrist seals.
I would like to go to silcone seals on the neck and have the option of using dry gloves on the wrists if I want to.
I'll be diving in cold lake water and north Fla. springs in the Fall and winter months. Coldest water temps in the high 30s to mid to high 40s.
I'm thinking of the Nova Option Quick Neck with Siflex seals for the neck and Nova Option Docking System 60901 to let me to go to regular wetsuit gloves or dry gloves.

Anyone have this combination and how is it working for you? Any leaking problems? Comfort? User changing on seals and going to drygloves , how easy?

Thanks!

I have the quick neck with Siflex seals and it's working fine. No leaks so far and the peace of mind that waterside replacements are possible is worth a lot. Make sure to order an additional replacement seal though. The ring around your neck is noticeable above water but I don't find it uncomfortable

In terms of wrist seals, I went for the Kubi system with Siflex seals. I don't have experience with the SiTech gloves, but when doing my research Kubi was generally the most recommended. Once again, you notice the rings but they're not uncomfortable.

The si-tech oval replaceable seal system is a good option because there are several dryglove systems that pop right into the oval suit rings, my favorite is Rolock.

^^ at around 9:27 ^^

I suggest getting both replaceable seal systems. The neck seal may add a little discomfort above water when straps+weight lie on the plastic part (causing that to dig into your shoulders/neck).

I think that the wrist seals are a no-brainer at the pricepoint, and I don't notice any major loss of dexterity due to the oval ones below water. It does get a little tougher to put your arms into certain bcds, as you have to make sure they don't catch on straps n stuff.

With any of these seal systems, you should definitely get backup/replacement seals through seaskin. The first set of replacements (for both neck and wrist) is seriously discounted. I dunno why anyone would not get replacements, but it takes a conscious action to add them, so thought I'd mention that.

Good luck with your drysuit.

I may be mistaken but I believe the product number 60901 refers to the Si-Tech round quick cuff platform which is Si-Tech part number 60910.

This is Si-Tech's older system, and while it works well, it will limit the purchaser/user as to what dryglove systems you can use that directly integrate with the cuff system.

I would highly recommend the Si-Tech QCS oval wrist ring system. The product numbers are as follows:
60918: complete kit, including standard size silicone wrist seal
60919: complete kit, including medium size latex wrist seal

Note that the one can get the silicone wrist seal in size small, separate from the complete kit if needed.

The oval system works well but a recommendation is to stay away from the oval dryglove systems (Si-Tech Antares and Fourth Element Ellipse)...there are better systems on the market that are designed to integrate directly with the QCS oval system, though they render the system round once installed...this should not pose an issue, especially given the advantage the direct integration provides.

If you go with the QCS ovals, I would highly recommend the Rolock 90 dryglove system to go with it. It is easy to set up and easy and secure to use.

If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask here or by direct message.

-Z

Thanks, I'm going to go with the oval si-tech and the Rolock 90 system when I switch to drygloves. Can I get the Rolock 90 system system from Seaskin? Or should I order from somewhere else. I'm in the USA

Thanks so much, you've been very helpful!

Thanks, I'm going to go with the oval si-tech and the Rolock 90 system when I switch to drygloves. Can I get the Rolock 90 system system from Seaskin? Or should I order from somewhere else. I'm in the USA

Thanks so much, you've been very helpful!
That’s where I bought mine, buy at the same time and save a few bucks on shipping but don’t have them installed, it’s really easy but doing it yourself will help with understanding the system.

Great! Also, should I go with the warm neck standard or warm neck simple option. I've seen some people on here saying they wish they had gone with warm neck simple instead of the warm neck standard. Making the hood easier to seal from what I understand.
This is such a great deal for a quality drysuit, I'm glad I found out about them.

Great! Also, should I go with the warm neck standard or warm neck simple option. I've seen some people on here saying they wish they had gone with warm neck simple instead of the warm neck standard. Making the hood easier to seal from what I understand.
This is such a great deal for a quality drysuit, I'm glad I found out about them.
I have the standard (I think) on my trilam, the one with Velcro, and like it but I don’t have ant on the neoprene suit and use the waterproof neoprene neck seal on that suit. I find the neoprene neck seal to be much nicer overall and warmer but don’t start with the neoprene seal if you don’t have your weighting dialed in well, to much air in the suit can burp out and unroll the seal, not a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom