A bit of glue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Better than another one in your arse

Here's the go chief

OTG Scuba Diving SS Assembly Book Screws for Backplate Pad (Set of 8) #OG-204C | eBay

full.jpg

Still though the middle of your broken nub and you can get any screw you like M6

Mares XR Power Plana Tek Fins

I'll play with a solution more out of boredom than anything else. They were my Santi DS fins which since getting an O'three don't get much use, I can still use my DR XT fins with the Santi, not as negative as I'd like but will work in a pinch. I'm not replacing them, too expensive.

A bolt can rub a hole in your boot.

Which is why the countersunk head was suggested first, but drilling out the cone from the inside may not be so easy.

The cone disappears into the washer

anyway here's one I have selectively designed right now

full.jpg

Admire the pervasive curvature with almost perfect dimension of the statuesque shikonce

So we assume a screw and washer won’t pull through in the same situation that broke off the post that is part of the original fin? I might use something like that in a pool but unlikely in the ocean.

So we assume a screw and washer won’t pull through in the same situation that broke off the post that is part of the original fin? I might use something like that in a pool but unlikely in the ocean.
Just get a larger washer.
It should work but not sure how for long because of the possible corrosion on the metal.

Just get a larger washer.
It should work but not sure how for long because of the possible corrosion on the metal.
A large washer will spread the stress over a larger area at some possible expense to foot area, this is something I would do if I were in a far off land diving just to get through but not at home except in the pool. I’m at the opposite end of the shoe size than Simon so I tend to have plenty of spares here.

Back
Top Bottom