Enigmatic moderated/deleted post message

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I could make a suggestion/question ...
Of course, but the problem has already been solved. You see, Burhan reposted with greater clarity, and that post stands. He just likes the drama of being a victim.

SB mods do an impressive job, but it often seems that no good deed will go unpunished. No matter how they do their job, some people will find fault. Delete a problematic post, and they should have edited it. Edit the post and the user cries that his intent was changed. The OP seems to lead the pack in this regard, so it's hard to take him seriously. Soon, well hear how we're picking on him.

Here's the thing... lots of people find SB through a Google search that takes threefold to one of our learning (green) zones. Unfortunately, all of those cute/snarky/terse replies makes it hard for them to get a clear answer. So, we try to keep the learning zones relevant (on topic) and helpful. It's not the place to be pithy, trolling or a thread hijacker. Most people get this.

This doesn't mean mods are perfect and we do appreciate feedback. There's even a discussion about this in the backroom, and it's pretty candid. Our aim is provide a fun place to share Scuba. We're one of the last Scuba forums left because we adapt. Your feedback enables that.

I had a post deleted and was banned from a thread.

Have you seen me start a new one complaining about it?????

I once had one deleted and I thanked the mod for doing it.

The MOD's here do a good job even I don't always agree with them.

Of course, but the problem has already been solved. You see, Burman reposted with greater clarity, and that post stands. He just likes the drama of being a victim.

"With the bolt snap attached to the second stage swivel."

is deleteable?

A new diver can learn from this, simply by asking what the items mentioned are, or using a search engine.

They will learn these thing eventually anyway.

In the name of civility a genuine apology for the error is in order.

"My apologies to you Burhan if I have treated you unfairly."

"if" invalidates this attempt.

"He just likes the drama of being a victim"

Is a personal attack in my book.

A doubling-down even, and straight from the top.

Troubling lapses of humility.

Here are the Terms of Service (TOS) for the New Divers subforum.

"This forum has special rules. This forum is intended to be a very friendly, "flame free zone" where divers of any skill level may ask questions about basic scuba topics without fear of being accosted. Please show respect and courtesy at all times. Remember that the inquirer is looking for answers that they can understand. This is a learning zone and consequently, any off-topic or overly harsh responses will be removed. This forum is not open for threads offering goods or services."

More specifically, it is a designated Learning Zone as of Mar 2, 2021:

upload_2021-5-8_9-20-39.png

Clicking on this link will open Learning Zone Special Rules in a new tab or window. All of these are Learning Zone forums:

Obviously the moderator considers a bolt snap so
"With the bolt snap attached to the second stage swivel."

is deleteable?

A new diver can learn from this, simply by asking what the items mentioned are, or using a search engine.

They will learn these thing eventually anyway.

In the name of civility a genuine apology for the error is in order.

"My apologies to you Burhan if I have treated you unfairly."

"if" invalidates this attempt.

"He just likes the drama of being a victim"

Is a personal attack in my book.

A doubling-down even, and straight from the top.

Troubling lapses of humility.
^ this.

I posted a reply

I guess your not an American.

I've been banned twice, locked out of a thread once and the latest only last week had six posts removed from a single thread in the accidents forum that were all accurate and correct. Go figure. You will get to like this place its an American thing.

I guess your not an American.

I've been banned twice, locked out of a thread once and the latest only last week had six posts removed from a single thread in the accidents forum that were all accurate and correct. Go figure. You will get to like this place its an American thing.

Chilly is not American. Try another angle. Oh, I’m not American either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom