for those with Steel 72s...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you sure about Norris 72? I've not seen anything that documents what the hydro shop need to give a + rating on my Norris 72...

Well, I've got five of them with + stamps in the garage. I don't know where they got the REE, but I'm happy they stamp the cylinders.

My hydro shop couldn't find any documentation and I didn't have it. Don't even know where to get it....

Well, I've got five of them with + stamps in the garage. I don't know where they got the REE, but I'm happy they stamp the cylinders.
I know you might not want to rock the boat, but would it be possible to inquire about the REE numbers from your tester? If you think there's a chance of screwing up your plus availability I understand not asking but, we'd all love those numbers. Thanks.

I know you might not want to rock the boat, but would it be possible to inquire about the REE numbers from your tester? If you think there's a chance of screwing up your plus availability I understand not asking but, we'd all love those numbers. Thanks.

The problem is convincing other shops of the provenance of the information. This shop is comfortable + rating the tanks and there are several others nationwide. I assume they got the information directly from Norris while Norris was still making LP72s. Regulations say the information has to come from the manufacturer, not another hydro shop. Who knows, maybe they wrote it down in pencil in their logbook after a phone call years ago, works for them, doesn't work for anyone else.

I guess they could have calculated it themselves as well, I believe that that is possible as long as the regulations are followed but if there's a possibility that there is a document with Norris's REE on it it would be great to have if possible.

Again, I understand not rocking the boat but...if you're willing we'd all love the numbers if the shop is willing to part with the document.

Thanks. Safe diving.

If I don't see a brand name on the tank how do I find the manufacture? Norris, PST, etc?

So I can keep track. :wink:

IMG_2376.jpg
IMG_2371.jpg
IMG_2372.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom