Good ideas that never made it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Feel better here than in fins mask etc. Good to sit in your own court. I have made many models that never made the market. Some did not test well and I learned from over 35 years of Force Fin Designs. While packing up I am selling off special models that are one of a kind. With each order I will add some thing special stuff for Scuba Board members. You are wonderful people. I understand the price is high, but then your not paying the total price. Each model cost was around $10,000. My collection is rather large and appreciate those who want out side this World. USA made by Bob Evans Designs Inc. Excellerating Force Fin Blade with SD1 Adjustable Foot Pocket - Force Fin
IMG_5332-fw.jpg

Gotta love the humor in "twinkle toes!"

What's with all the packing up posts lately? Are you closing or selling the business? Just cleaning up and enjoying a trip down memory lane? Some third thing?

Thanks for asking. After we moved Santa Barbara Force Fin operations to our production folks in Pennsylvania, everything went into storage. $30,000 dollars later in storage fees it was time to clean up. What an adventure, forgot how many molds and Force Fin collection was packed away for over 5 years now. Force Fin is doing fine with 10 pairs going to the US Coast guard this last week. Each day they ship our Force Fins world wide. We have a China rip off using our Trade Name in the fishing market, hopefully they will settle with our Law firm. A trip going down memory lane and might take several years to short out all the letters and pictures. Susanne and I figure this were a good time to clean up since we are moving into a large project than swim fins. Our Deep-Water Desalination patents have issued CHESS+EVANS LLC, and I am working on future Force Fin designs. Our Aerohance and Aquance projects are moving forward.AeroHance GasPods Project – Be Atmospheric Selling special stuff and will give any Scuba Board member a special deal. Feels
20201229_115929-fw.jpg
good to go empty

I love the pretty colors, the translucent gemstone sparkly prettiness of your many varied colorful designs!

What a coincidence...... tonight I was doing some research trying to find information on the benefit of increased angulated fins for swimmers/divers who have limited flexure of their ankle (can’t point their toes down very far) and ran across info on Force fins and this thread.

Amazing fin from all that I’ve read. Almost seems to good to be true, but to much positive supporting evidence to discount their worth it seems. To bad they are so expensive.

Anything like this commercially available...... just wondering?

The snap and flex of the fin is partly due to the angle but also partly due to the material. They are expensive new, but not so compared to other items made of the same material, such as skateboard wheels or inline skating wheels, which are considered a disposable wear item.

The snap and flex of the fin is partly due to the angle but also partly due to the material. They are expensive new, but not so compared to other items made of the same material, such as skateboard wheels or inline skating wheels, which are considered a disposable wear item.
Jcp2,Thank you..... After reading the above post I got depressed. A walk around Santa Barbara farmers market helped clear my mind. You got it. Material... Thank you. Will add to this post later today. It's about time to get past the cost of Force Fins. Casting JMC foot.
cousteau_060923-012-fw.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom