Grand Cayman in October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anything new with the reopening?

Not really. New government has been formed after much back and forth about who is in and who is out. As with the US and other countries, the rate of new vaccines is falling, so that is not helping matters. Personally, I am looking at other places to dive for the summer, but remain hopeful for a Cayman trip in the fall. Good luck and be safe.

I just posted this on the Cayman specific thread but I saw the Ritz on Seven Mile Beach is closing for 6 months for renovations. I haven't seen anything official but reading between the lines, I wouldn't expect them to be shut down if they felt the island was going to be open in the next 6 months.

After having trips planned there last summer, I am now shifting to the Bahamas and Cozumel for this summer and fall and will look back to GC in the summer of 2022.

I just posted this on the Cayman specific thread but I saw the Ritz on Seven Mile Beach is closing for 6 months for renovations. I haven't seen anything official but reading between the lines, I wouldn't expect them to be shut down if they felt the island was going to be open in the next 6 months.

After having trips planned there last summer, I am now shifting to the Bahamas and Cozumel for this summer and fall and will look back to GC in the summer of 2022.

On the other hand, the Westin on Seven Mile Beach is reopening in a few weeks, after being shut for the past year.

A quick update for all, just to report that I really have nothing to report.

Last week, the CITA executive committee met with the new CIG ministers Saunders, Bryan and Turner, but not much was accomplished at this session. It was more of a chance for CITA to meet the new ministers and brief them on the tourism state of affairs.

This is an entirely new government, with all new ministers, many of whom are new to political office. They are still getting briefed on a variety of things, and I imagine right now they are drinking from the firehose. Not helpful for those of us who wish to reopen or those who are chomping at the bit to come back, but that's what it is unfortunately.

From being directly involved with these committees, my prediction is we will see the quarantine period reduced to 5 days over the summer for vaccinated travelers, and no quarantine sometime in fall. Unvaccinated travelers will likely have to remain on the 14 day quarantine for quite some time.

The info changes daily. We have a CITA meeting on Thursday and if there is something new to report, I'll let everyone know.

Tony

Any new word on the reopening? I here different rumors, ' end of July, end of August ? Any locals have any info?

Any new word on the reopening? I here different rumors, ' end of July, end of August ? Any locals have any info?
My post above sums it up. Nothing new to report. At CITA, we work very closely with Government so any rumors to the contrary are just mis-informed.

Tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom