Cancelled/postponed trips due to COVID - please share your outcomes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may be using delta airline credits for canceled trip to grand cayman for a trip to Cancun this summer.

Used Deep Blue Adventures(Swanton Ohio) tour agent for Egypt live aboard trip. Live aboard was fine to reschedule whenever but tour agent decided in April 2020 they were going April 2021 hell or high water without asking participants opinion. And despite claiming "our safety is key". So travel now when covid is bad or lose all your money. This includes 2 domestic air flights that the airline would voucher for other dates but Deep Blue won't even let us have those.

Used Deep Blue Adventures(Swanton Ohio) tour agent for Egypt live aboard trip. Live aboard was fine to reschedule whenever but tour agent decided in April 2020 they were going April 2021 hell or high water without asking participants opinion. And despite claiming "our safety is key". So travel now when covid is bad or lose all your money. This includes 2 domestic air flights that the airline would voucher for other dates but Deep Blue won't even let us have those.
That is really suck!

My dive club used Deep Blue for going to Belize back in February. Luckily Belize was open then. I was still disappointed with their service for lack of communication and charging me a single supplement when my cottage roommate decided not to go without asking my approval.

Also, I did not get detail instructions on how to get to domestic terminal from International terminal. I was waiting outside with other group going to Belize Aggressor. It turned out the domestic terminal was in the same building right next to the international arrival. I had to get back to the building. Luckily I made it in time for the domestic flight to Ambergris Caye.

I told my dive club trip leader that I would not use Deep Blue ever again.

Air ticket to Maldives bought from www.edreams.es end 2019 (I don't even remember when), flight Etihad canceled in march 2020, rescheduled january 2021, canceled again by Etihad and thus refund asked.... still waiting ! One of the travelers had bought directly from Etihad, refunded after 1 week, but for the others, edreams.es is always delaying....

One of the travelers received refund on his credit card yesterday :yeahbaby:... thus 6 monthes waiting, but at least it's a hope sign for me o_O

6 months is about normal!
Received the final refund for my cancelled flights last yr. "Free" shopping for next month or so for grocery in supermarket!!!
But still have a few as "travel fund" with some airlines.
Fingers crossed that those airlines would still around when normal travel resumes hopefully within a yr or two.

Good luck to those who are still waiting for refund/reschedule etc.

DAN membership renewed. Computer batteries checked. Dive logs and cert cards relocated. Family vaccinated. Delta credits used. Hotel booked in Mexico with Florida as backup, contingent on local COVID situation. Excited to dive again at end of June.

@Jcp2 --- hope you really enjoy yourself. I just returned from Roatan and I did not realize that after the past year and a half, I really REALLY needed a vacation.

As mentioned early, in January 2020, when pandemic was a word hardly heard, I bought a 2 week dive vacation in San Andres and Providencia for May 2020. In March 2020 everything was cancelled. Flight tickets and the hotel reservations could be resheduled up to Dec 2020.
In Dec 2020 we resheduled the flights and hotel for June 2021, but as Providencia was destroyed by hurricane Iota in Nov 2020, the reshedule excluded Providencia (it was assessed that Iota destroyed up to 98 % of Providencia).
Today I received an e-mail from my travel agency that COPA Airlines cancelled all flights departing from Argentina, so again I shall need to reshedule flights and hotel. I need still to read the cancellation policy.
This also adds to the recent cancellation of our 1 week dive school trip to Playa del Carmen that was scheduled for May 2021.
No reason was mentioned, but I guess that the cancellation is owing to the catastrophic status of the pandemic here in Argentina and the delayed vacination.
This damn endless pandemic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom