taxi rules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is the rule for sedan type taxis still four passengers per taxi or are pandemic rules different? What about taxi vans?

Is the rule for sedan type taxis still four passengers per taxi or are pandemic rules different? What about taxi vans?

Still 4 for sedans.
No idea about vans.

Edit to add:
Blue Magic pays for the taxi from the marina back to the shop. Drivers seemed perfectly fine with every seat being occupied.

Pandemic rules are not applied to much here, including transport, passengers on boats, hotel occupancy levels.

Which transport and boats are you talking about?
Have you ever seen more than 1% or 2% without masks? (Except Americans).
Have you ever seen a taxi driver without a mask?
Have you ever seen someone in Mega without a mask?
Have you ever seen someone go into Mega without their temperature being taken, and hand sanitizer squirted on?
Have you ever seen a Mexican over the age of two on the ferry without a mask?
Have you ever seen a waiter in a bar or restaurant without a mask?
Have you ever seen someone on a colectivo without a mask on?
What percent of Mexicans riding a scooter do not have a mask on?
What are the average occupancy levels of hotels on the island over the last year? Last 6 months? Last 3 months?
Have you ever ......... oh screw it.

I thought they were talking about capacity limits. Yes, masking and taking temps is prevalent.

Reactions: JFS
I thought they were talking about capacity limits. Yes, masking and taking temps is prevalent.
I was indeed talking about capacity limits. We will be a group of 7 - 9 and we will be frequently going to dinner together. I was wondering how many cabs we will need. Also we will want to circumnavigate the island in a taxi van.

Reactions: JFS
Which transport and boats are you talking about?
Have you ever seen more than 1% or 2% without masks? (Except Americans).
Have you ever seen a taxi driver without a mask?
Have you ever seen someone in Mega without a mask?
Have you ever seen someone go into Mega without their temperature being taken, and hand sanitizer squirted on?
Have you ever seen a Mexican over the age of two on the ferry without a mask?
Have you ever seen a waiter in a bar or restaurant without a mask?
Have you ever seen someone on a colectivo without a mask on?
What percent of Mexicans riding a scooter do not have a mask on?
What are the average occupancy levels of hotels on the island over the last year? Last 6 months? Last 3 months?
Have you ever ......... oh screw it.

Im talking about capacity limits and yes i do see lots of locals and tourists not wearing masks. Have you ever driven down the malecon and looked at the shop staff standing in tbe door ways.... Dont get me started about the ferry issues.

I was indeed talking about capacity limits. We will be a group of 7 - 9 and we will be frequently going to dinner together. I was wondering how many cabs we will need. Also we will want to circumnavigate the island in a taxi van.

Should be two taxis maybe van and car if they are following the the supppsed limits.

I'm told that Q. Roo has gone back to Condition Orange, which means three passengers max; is Cozumel following that?

I'm told that Q. Roo has gone back to Condition Orange, which means three passengers max; is Cozumel following that?
The state of QR has its status and Cozumel has its own. The state has been bouncing back and forth between Orange and Yellow for months and the mayor (Presidente Municipal) Pedro (brother or cousin ? of the governor Carlos Joaquin) has maintained Cozumel as Yellow..

EDIT: Correction, from Carlos Joaquin's Facebook page last night: Carlos Joaquín (google translation)
"Quintana Roo, from today until May 9 we enter the # SemáforoEstatal in orange. I urge you to raise your guard. The relaxation will bring a greater number of infections and deaths, putting a halt to the economic reactivation."

Back
Top Bottom