Regulator Setup For Air Integration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing against OP final decision.

My own observation:
I do not normally see Mk17 very often and cannot understand why!

Yeah I think I’m going with the MK25/s260Ti.
Not sure why my phone keeps defaulting to s260Ti. Obviously I mean to type s620Ti.

Anywhoo...

Soooo I’ve been researching a bit...and checked out Deep6 (due to someone’s advice). Wondering how others feel about their signature series. I’m not sold on the ScubaPro setup, but I do understand that ScubaPro is serviceable pretty much anywhere whereas I I’m thinking Deep6 is more of a user-serviceable option.

Not sure why my phone keeps defaulting to s260Ti. Obviously I mean to type s620Ti.

Anywhoo...

Soooo I’ve been researching a bit...and checked out Deep6 (due to someone’s advice). Wondering how others feel about their signature series. I’m not sold on the ScubaPro setup, but I do understand that ScubaPro is serviceable pretty much anywhere whereas I I’m thinking Deep6 is more of a user-serviceable option.
I was talking to a cave diver who uses Deep 6 Signature regulators. He mentioned the after sales service was lacking.

I was talking to a cave diver who uses Deep 6 Signature regulators. He mentioned the after sales service was lacking.
The thing that worries me about Deep 6 is that not all dive shops are available to work on them. So when I’m on vacation and something goes wrong, would the dive shops in the area be willing to assist me.

On the other hand, the Deep 6 signature series regulator set is half the price of the Scuba Pro MK25/s620Ti regulator set (including octopus, hoses, and SPG).

Decision...decision...

@bacb, for your reference, here’s my 16 years old regulator set (Scubapro MK25 1st stage & S600 2nd stage) with Teric transmitter & SPG attached to MK25 HP ports. They work like a charm. I almost made 1000 (989 to date) dives with that regulators

View attachment 656186
I took note you also have an SPG as back up. Can't go wrong with a MK25; easy to service yourself. The transmitter is just an expensive gimmick.

The thing that worries me about Deep 6 is that not all dive shops are available to work on them. So when I’m on vacation and something goes wrong, would the dive shops in the area be willing to assist me.

On the other hand, the Deep 6 signature series regulator set is half the price of the Scuba Pro MK25/s620Ti regulator set (including octopus, hoses, and SPG).

Decision...decision...
Take a look at the DGX Extra. It's a revamped MK25.

Take a look at the DGX Extra. It's a revamped MK25.
How does the second stage primary compare to the Deep6 or s620Ti? Looking forward something that breathes smoothly and redirects bubbles away from my mask.

Keep in mind that I’m still relatively new to diving and primarily dive in warmer waters. The more i research, the more I realize I don’t need to go with the ScubaPro set. Deep 6 signature or DGX Xtra should be fine. I just want the best setup that I can get on the front end. Buy once, cry once mentality.

How does the second stage primary compare to the Deep6 or s620Ti? Looking forward something that breathes smoothly and redirects bubbles away from my mask.

Keep in mind that I’m still relatively new to diving and primarily dive in warmer waters. The more i research, the more I realize I don’t need to go with the ScubaPro set. Deep 6 signature or DGX Xtra should be fine. I just want the best setup that I can get on the front end. Buy once, cry once mentality.
If you buy something from ScubaPro, Apeks, Aqualung, Mares etc when you need the regulator serviced on holiday someplace outside of the US then the shop will know what it is dealing with. If you buy some random local knock off brand then the shop will be guessing.

These big brands sell very good regulators. The second tier manufacturers, such as Oceanic, will sell you nasty regulators, for example my club are scrapping a load of those due to fragile purge buttons that we cannot replace.

Personally I mostly buy the cheapest Apeks regulators, but in the USA they are unduly expensive.

There is quite a lot of viral marketing on here about regulators.

Back
Top Bottom