for those with Steel 72s...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this the same place that gave them the plus the last time. If it is I would go back and talk to them about it. They have the test records that will show if it passed the plus requirement.

Will check to see if the "new" owners are taking it to the same tumbel place. If you mean the same tumble place. Otherwise the new owners might not have the same logs. LDS changed hands a few years back.. 2019

Will check to see if the "new" owners are taking it to the same tumbel place. If you mean the same tumble place. Otherwise the new owners might not have the same logs. LDS changed hands a few years back.. 2019
I took it to mean that; 1. If the same hydro shop + rated last time, then they know how, and 2. They should have a log with the numbers fomm this most recent hydro, and those numbers just need some math applied to know if it passes the + rating standard. So in theory, they can just check the log and say "yep, qualified.... let's throw the + on it for you." No need for past historical logs.

Respectfully,

James

Good Call James! I'm hoping the LDS will tell me the hydro place. Sometimes they like to keep it a secret??? They reopen on Thursday. \Fingers crossed

I normally fill my LP 72's to 2600 give or take. Depends on where I'm going to use them. If at the local quarry not doing classes, I like to play around and just take pictures where the majority of stuff is shallower than 15 feet. Much is at 10 or so. 2300 is good for two one hour or so dives.

Said I had one [steel 72] at a local dive shop a couple of weeks ago [don't use it now, but they did not know that] , he said " it will go 'BANG' and you will die!", I also said it had a J valve on it, I thought he was going to faint.

Such fun.

I wonder how the hydro shop decides if it gets the plus or not? Any hydro shop folks here?

Vintage divers are very protective of their 72's. There was an in-depth thread about hydros and 72's in the vintage diving section. It popped up again a couple of months ago here. It will tell you just about everything you need to know. I'll see if I can locate it. Couv might know where it is.

Vintage divers are very protective of their 72's. There was an in-depth thread about hydros and 72's in the vintage diving section. It popped up again a couple of months ago here. It will tell you just about everything you need to know. I'll see if I can locate it. Couv might know where it is.

TY I appreciate it!

Also, I forgot to mention this (I usually remember).... old 72s are horribly dangerous, and should be sent to me for proper disposal. I won't even charge for the service!
:)

Figured it was worth a try, lol!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom