New to video??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

browntrout

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been shooting still's underwater for about 10 years. I plan to buy a Go Pro Hero 8 or 9, a case, tray and lights for our next trip in May. It will be used primarily for filming during some cenote dives. I'm just looking to have fun creating my own videos not anything professional level. Any tips on 8 .vs. 9, tray and lights for a beginner?

Thanks!!

I'd call myself a beginner as well, having just bought a GoPro 9 black. I've used GoPro with a drone in the past and have read some good things about them underwater. I went with the GoPro offical underwater case, then went with this tray and lights - not uber professional yet, but I won't be doing a ton of underwater filming - mostly just of vacation trips.

Movo XL Underwater Diving Rig Bundle with 2 Waterproof LED Light's Compatible with GoPro Hero, HERO3, HERO4, HERO5, HERO6, HERO7, HERO8 and Waterproof Action Cam - Scuba GoPro Accessory

Here is a video I was watching which highlights some recommended settings for the GoPro 8/9 for best underwater shooting as well, which you may know but I liked the specifics for the GoPro. It also talks about the DJI in this video.

GoPro has had a decent deal going for quite a while when ordering direct and paying for a year of their subscription service.

For about ~$410.00 w/ tax you can get a GoPro Hero 9 Black, spare battery, carry case, floaty stick, 32gb memory card, mag clip, 1 year services in including replacement warranty, and the underwater housing ($25 vs $50). [Add U/W housing to the front page bundle deal during checkout.]

Their ordering site kinda sucks as does the ship tracking. But it showed up in two days while their tracking site was still having trouble giving updates.

Remember there is a size difference between Go Pro Hero 8 or 9 so check the compatibility of the housing, filters, etc. before you purchase the camera and the accessories

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom