Are Ratio and OSTC computers sold and serviced in the US?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It seems that on this forum these brands are almost never mentioned, is that because they are not competitive in the US market?

I tried to find a shop selling them in the US to compare but I couldn’t find what would be the biggest online shop for technical equipment.

I don’t think so.

I would seriously consider the OSTC, people who I have met with them really like them. I only bought a Perdix instead so as to have the same UI on my CCR controller. There is also this McLean Extreme 5 dive computer which if I didn’t have enough dive computers already I would have bought. It is software done by a bloke from TDF in hardware based on the Light For Me people’s dive computer. You can find a long thread about the design on TDF and he has a page on Facebook. If your wife finds the receipt she will think it is for the baby buggy.

Are you on the Brighton dive on April 11th? Quick, before you miss out!

It seems that on this forum these brands are almost never mentioned, is that because they are not competitive in the US market?

I tried to find a shop selling them in the US to compare but I couldn’t find what would be the biggest online shop for technical equipment.

Have you tied one of these shops? Find a Ratio® Computers Dealer - USA

LeisurePro sells it. About the biggest by volume around. Hard to miss that elephant in the room.

Ratio is sold here.
OSTC is about to start up distribution with Jason Black. Should be good to go in a few weeks.

Would you have any more info on this? I can't find any articles about HW / OSTC coming to USA.

I don’t think so.

I would seriously consider the OSTC, people who I have met with them really like them. I only bought a Perdix instead so as to have the same UI on my CCR controller. There is also this McLean Extreme 5 dive computer which if I didn’t have enough dive computers already I would have bought. It is software done by a bloke from TDF in hardware based on the Light For Me people’s dive computer. You can find a long thread about the design on TDF and he has a page on Facebook. If your wife finds the receipt she will think it is for the baby buggy.

Are you on the Brighton dive on April 11th? Quick, before you miss out!
The McLean computer is the same one Deep6 tried to sell as “Triton’s Abacus”. It was a big failure, lots of issues with it and terrible customers support from the producer (divecomputer.eu) if I remember correctly from threads on here.

The McLean computer is the same one Deep6 tried to sell as “Triton’s Abacus”. It was a big failure, lots of issues with it and terrible customers support from the producer (divecomputer.eu) if I remember correctly from threads on here.
The software is completely different and the hardware started off the same but is moving on. The people involved are different. The light4me is/was not brilliant at supporting their lights apparently and the dive computer was never really finished so those two factors made it a non starter.

I think it is fair to say the case, buttons and screen are the same.

Would you have any more info on this? I can't find any articles about HW / OSTC coming to USA.

Computers – Joe Black Enterprises

when available they'll be there. Shoot them an email or call to get an updated timeline. I haven't talked to Jason in a few weeks about them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom