Buyer's remorse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the alum plate :)

I'm saying that I didnt need a 20kg wing lift
I rarely have more than a squirt of air in the wing and then purge that half way through the dive

I could've gotten an 10 kg OMS or Tecline 10 kg lift wing instead of the Zen
Also I have the OMS wing and it is quite a bit wider than the DGX wing which is taller but much narrower

I didnt care for that BC at all...BP/W are so much better plus you wear less lead which is important to me as I have a bad back

Did you actually use it for any lenght of time at all?

Not a huge issue. Once a year I'll make a purchase with little prior research.
Its ok. I provision to accept that I may not have made the best choice and will sell it off.

I can always sell the xDeep and pick up an OMS or Tecline.

Thoughts?
You bought it so might as well use it.
Sell it now as brand new so might get you a better price.

19kg buoyancy for a single tank dive is far excessive for warm water diving.

Thoughts?

Well if you don't like it and your having buyers remorse no biggie. You would not be the first and wont be the last person to do this with diving gear. I don't think there is a single person on this board that has not done this with some type of diving gear.

So just sell it and buy something else. Diving is supposed to be fun and your supposed to enjoy it. So get something your comfortable and happy with.

Yes I would agree 20kg wing is fairly excessive for a single tank warm water diver. I personally use an Argonaut 8kg wing and love it. I have used the Tecline 10 and Apeks WTX-D18 (basically the same thing as the Argonaut wing) and both are also very nice compact wings.

For your backplate as others have mentioned just use a STA, this is what most people do anyways. Also you can always drill a hole in your back plate to accommodate a different wing.

Just a note, my doubles wing likewise most of others has about or around 20kg lift capacity. I use 13kg for single.

You bought it so might as well use it.
Sell it now as brand new so might get you a better price.

19kg buoyancy for a single tank dive is far excessive for warm water diving.

I'm just thinking whether I'll feel a smaller bladder ?

Its not like the bladder size bothers me.
I don't dive/swim fast - so theres no question of drag.
Who even dives so fast that they would feel bladder drag?

Well if you don't like it and your having buyers remorse no biggie. You would not be the first and wont be the last person to do this with diving gear. I don't think there is a single person on this board that has not done this with some type of diving gear.

So just sell it and buy something else. Diving is supposed to be fun and your supposed to enjoy it. So get something your comfortable and happy with.

Yes I would agree 20kg wing is fairly excessive for a single tank warm water diver. I personally use an Argonaut 8kg wing and love it. I have used the Tecline 10 and Apeks WTX-D18 (basically the same thing as the Argonaut wing) and both are also very nice compact wings.

For your backplate as others have mentioned just use a STA, this is what most people do anyways. Also you can always drill a hole in your back plate to accommodate a different wing.

Yep, fully agree with you.
I don't think I'd feel the difference between what I have now and a smaller one while kitted or while diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom