what's the use of such tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stepfen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everybody.

I just saw an advertisement for a second hand dive watch (photo below) .
Such watches are very commonly used here as engagement gifts from the family of the bride to the groom although quite often the poor guy can't even swim, let alone dive, hence they are quite often sold second hand soon afterwards.

Anyway I am not interested in the watch but thanks to this advertisement I realized that I don't know the use of the small tank that comes with them (other than paper weight or maybe making the package look bulkier/bigger hence more impressive).

Out of curiosity is there any real use for such tanks?? Any ideas??? Sorry the valve can't be seen in the picture but it is nothing near any standard valves I've seen on scuba equimpent.

Thanks a lot
upload_2021-4-26_13-42-17.png

The ones I have seen were all plastic. You pull the top of the cylinder off and the watch can be displayed in the Botton section. They are used as a sales prop for the watch.

s-l1600.jpg

I see, hence they are not good even for paper weight :)
Learning something new every day...
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom