Aqualung i770 Thoughts???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bacb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I’m a vacation diver who dives maybe 7-10 times a year. Looking to get my first dive computer. I’m looking for the following features:
1. Bright visible display
2. Bluetooth Connectivity to download dives to log app easily.
3. Option to add air pressure transmitter later.
4. Built in-compass

I’ve narrowed it down to the Aqualung i770. Wondering if anyone has experience with this dive computer and would recommend it. I was also looking at the Suunto D5, but I can get the i770 for $650 new.

Also, is there another dive computer I should consider over the i770 around the price point of $800?

I’m surprised I don’t see more reviews out there for the i770r. It seems like a solid dive computer!

I’m surprised I don’t see more reviews out there for the i770r. It seems like a solid dive computer!

Aqualung has a lousy reputation with this range of computers. From battery to visibility issues. I'd avoid like the plague.

Another review :Aqua Lung i750 Dive Computer Review

I am [now] not a fan of Aqualung dive computers [have 1 and had 1 other].
I am yet to find a dive computer with a compass I like, so that is not an issue for me and stick with the basic compass.
And you dive 7-10 times a year, do you need, or do just want AI ?

Hi,

I’m a vacation diver who dives maybe 7-10 times a year. Looking to get my first dive computer. I’m looking for the following features:
1. Bright visible display
2. Bluetooth Connectivity to download dives to log app easily.
3. Option to add air pressure transmitter later.
4. Built in-compass

I’ve narrowed it down to the Aqualung i770. Wondering if anyone has experience with this dive computer and would recommend it. I was also looking at the Suunto D5, but I can get the i770 for $650 new.

Also, is there another dive computer I should consider over the i770 around the price point of $800?

Personally if I had a budget of $800 I would just buy a used Perdix AI does everything your looking for and waaaaay more that way if you do end up progressing your diving you have a computer for it. Or if you go the other directions if you only do 7-10 dives a year and maybe you find next year that reduced to 3-5 and next year you just get out of diving you can easily sell a used Perdix that is a couple years old for very close to what you bought it for. Perdix computers hold there value very well and there is always a market for them. My guess is you would have a very hard time trying to sell a used i770

No affiliation with this, just saw one for sale here For Sale - Shearwater Perdix AI also has a transmitter im sure you could work out some kind of package deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom