Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davelasvegas

Registered
Reaction score
The US State Department has changed Mexico to a Level 4 Do Not Travel...

I'm headed to Cozumel in a few weeks does anyone know the current COVID situation?

we shouldn't need the state dept or the cdc to tell us we should not be traveling. but that is just my humble opinion.

The US State Department has changed Mexico to a Level 4 Do Not Travel...

I'm headed to Cozumel in a few weeks does anyone know the current COVID situation?
Have you been vaccinated?

Areas of Mexico have been at a level 4 for years. Don't go to Sinola and buy Cocaine. Be extra careful and not buy drugs in dimliy lite parks in Playa, Tulum or Cancun. Read the travel alerts - they are for drug violence mosly.

You are safer here in Cozumel than virtually anywhere in the US. COVID is here, just like everywhere but we are open, safe and enjoying life and have been since June 8th of last year.......

Areas of Mexico have been at a level 4 for years. Don't go to Sinola and buy Cocaine. Be extra careful and not buy drugs in dimliy lite parks in Playa, Tulum or Cancun. Read the travel alerts - they are for drug violence mosly.

You are safer here in Cozumel than virtually anywhere in the US. COVID is here, just like everywhere but we are open, safe and enjoying life and have been since June 8th of last year.......

As I understand it, what changed is that the State Department's travel advisories, which take into account a great many potential threats to US travelers, were somewhat inconsistent with the CDC's travel advisories regarding Covid-19, so a couple of days ago the State Department made some changes to more closely match the CDC's travel advisories. The change reflects the impact of Covid-19, not crime or anything else.

When I was a big globe trotting traveler, I used to shrug off a lot of those State Dept. travel advisories. I recognized that they were only trying to help us stay safe with their abundance of caution, and I felt I was a savvy traveler. My thinking is different at this time. The issue is bigger than keeping ME safe.

Mexico has been at a level 4 for a very long time I imagine for the State Department based on crime:

Mexico Travel Advisory

The CDC adding their little end of the world twist on things..... What are the states in the US considered by CDC's standards?? Sereiously, I think Michigan is at a level 3. And if you are vacinatted, they don't recommend travel???

COVID-19 and Your Health

Mexico has been at a level 4 for a very long time I imagine for the State Department based on crime:

Mexico Travel Advisory

The CDC adding their little end of the world twist on things..... What are the states in the US considered by CDC's standards?? Sereiously, I think Michigan is at a level 3.

COVID-19 and Your Health
The CDC has to be pessimistic; it's much better for them to err on that side of things than on the other. I take their advice with a grain of salt and a modicum of common sense. I am vaccinated and I will go to Cozumel but I won't go to India.

what dfference does that make ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom