Juliet repositioning to Turks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Janie88, please post a trip report on the repositioning trip on the Juliet.
I have done the Bahamas trip and am signed up for St. Croix.
It would be good to know how this trip is!

Here is the route we did on this year's fall 2020 repo trip:
20201130_111010.jpg

We spent several days off Conception and west Caicos due to weather but it was a great trip. It is a very fluid schedule as there is a lot of distance to cover and Juliette is a slow boat. You won't necessarily be doing the 4 dives per day of a normal trip we had a couple of hit it and run type of dives.

Janie88, please post a trip report on the repositioning trip on the Juliet.
I have done the Bahamas trip and am signed up for St. Croix.
It would be good to know how this trip is!

Will do. The trip isn't until November 2022, so it'll be a while, lol. I am also signed up for this October for The Bahamas trip, and am seriously considering booking St. Croix in February.

I did the 2015 repo trip in the aft ensuite!

I really wanted that aft ensuite! But we are going with friends and it was a deal breaker for them, so I gave up my hold on the ensuite and am taking cabin 4 instead.

Here is the route we did on this year's fall 2020 repo trip:View attachment 654981

We spent several days off Conception and west Caicos due to weather but it was a great trip. It is a very fluid schedule as there is a lot of distance to cover and Juliette is a slow boat. You won't necessarily be doing the 4 dives per day of a normal trip we had a couple of hit it and run type of dives.

Thanks! Yes, I'm okay with doing less than 4 dives/day since this is unique itinerary. I am mainly hoping that the U.S. drops their testing requirement by 2022 so we don't have to mess with that returning from Turks. We do hope to spend 1-2 extra days diving with Dive Provo after the Juliet

I did the Juliet Miami-TCI repo a few years ago. The crossing to Cat Cay to clear customs really sucked, but after that, the seas were fine.
It was kinda cool meandering through the Bahamas - never had a chance to get there before. Cat Island is worth a separate trip one of these days, and there is an actual Atlantic coral atoll at the end of the Bahamas NNW of TCI that would be awesome to visit.
Everyone else on Juliet flew out the day we landed in TCI but I had a huge apartment and a car for a week so no rush.
The problem with the ensuite cabins on Juliet…if, ah, the other person in the cabin with you is a heavy hitter in the head, there might be a little gackalack vapor problem when they offload while you try not to die. It’s only two weeks, so it won’t be that many gas attacks anyways.
I just used the can at the stern and it was fine.
In Nassau, make sure you grab your favorite grog and mixers so you’re set for the rest of the passage. Nothing like a few finely crafted libations at the end of the day.
Have fun…

I did the Juliet Miami-TCI repo a few years ago. The crossing to Cat Cay to clear customs really sucked, but after that, the seas were fine.
It was kinda cool meandering through the Bahamas - never had a chance to get there before. Cat Island is worth a separate trip one of these days, and there is an actual Atlantic coral atoll at the end of the Bahamas NNW of TCI that would be awesome to visit.
Everyone else on Juliet flew out the day we landed in TCI but I had a huge apartment and a car for a week so no rush.
The problem with the ensuite cabins on Juliet…if, ah, the other person in the cabin with you is a heavy hitter in the head, there might be a little gackalack vapor problem when they offload while you try not to die. It’s only two weeks, so it won’t be that many gas attacks anyways.
I just used the can at the stern and it was fine.
In Nassau, make sure you grab your favorite grog and mixers so you’re set for the rest of the passage. Nothing like a few finely crafted libations at the end of the day.
Have fun…

Thanks for the feedback. We are actually in the "honeymoon" cabin and not the ensuite. We gave up the ensuite to a couple we are friends with who would only go if they had an ensuite, and I wanted to go with them more than I wanted a head (I think lol).

We don't drink, so I'll pass on the grog but appreciate the tip. It's looking like we might have to return home the same day we depart Juliet which is too bad. I was hoping to have a couple of days diving Turks with Dive Provo, a nice little dive op, not many divers on the boat. But we may not be able to get coverage for our dog sitter that long and our dogs come first - even before diving! We'll see, still have a long way to go before Nov 2022

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom