Any equipment buying regrets ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll play.

Mares Icon travel BC. Meant to be able to roll up but was far too soft and kept riding up on me. No spot for a crotch strap, so it was gone after a few dives. Had a Zeagle Stilleto for a long time after that, descent BC, but now I've upgraded to BP/W and pretty happy once I got a good one. (1st one had a manufacturing flaw I mentioned on these boards, but DGX replaced it)

Semi-dry Wesuit - Made by Bare. Pricey and extremely difficult to get into. Zipper ran shoulder to shoulder and I needed help to get in an out of it. Still have it, but only have 2 or 3 dives in it. I plan on getting a drysuit soon.

Plastic wrist slate that used a kind of soft plastic on rollers so you could move it.

Various noise makers. They don't do squat to get the attention of people.

Various lights. Most too dim or cheaply made. I have one light atm that is nice, ie aluminum body, triple o-ring. It's a twist style, but it's small and bright and never had to worry about flooding.

Soft sole booties. I stepped off a dock into a stream and cam down on a sharp rock right on the heel of my foot. Extremely painful and even cut the skin. Painful to walk for a couple of weeks. Now all my boots/footware are hard soled.

Retractable lanyards. Have had 2, both failed fairly quickly.

Live and learn. I try to do a lot more research now.

A solid double ender against the tank does a good job - I am mindful that I only use it when there aren't other divers around me.

I'm on the bottom and have lost the anchor one dive, vis has gone and I hear clink clink clink great
it's the anchor chain then it's gone, and again clink clink clink I'm again excited the anchor must be
near then after the 3rd time I see it's the guy I'm diving with attracting my attention to show me fish

as there I am diving amongst a million of these fish in a ball, so many that they blocked out the light

Where do I begin...

Semi-dry Wesuit - Made by Bare. Pricey and extremely difficult to get into. Zipper ran shoulder to shoulder and I needed help to get in an out of it. Still have it, but only have 2 or 3 dives in it. I plan on getting a drysuit soon.
Make sure to get a front-zip. Otherwise you'll need help with the drysuit just as you do with that wetsuit.

This thing , can't read it where it counts, underwater, can't sell it even with a transmitter.:rolleyes: Aqualung i450T
aqua-lung.png
Guess what I bought to replace it in this list?
SB_bingo.jpeg

Make sure to get a front-zip. Otherwise you'll need help with the drysuit just as you do with that wetsuit.

That is the plan. But I'm struggling to find the "right" drysuit. It's such an expensive purchase, I certainly don't want it to make it onto this list.

Been looking at Deep6 Makara and their main office is about 30 minutes up the road from me and even though they don't have a storefront, they said I can come by to check out their gear.

Also been looking at DUI or Santi, but those are far more expensive options.

That is the plan. But I'm struggling to find the "right" drysuit. It's such an expensive purchase, I certainly don't want it to make it onto this list.

Been looking at Deep6 Makara and their main office is about 30 minutes up the road from me and even though they don't have a storefront, they said I can come by to check out their gear.

Seaskin, meaning look into Seaskin for a drysuit, I have two, no regrets and thousands of $$ still in my pocket.

Does that drysuit have to have that orange stripe?

Back
Top Bottom