Cressi Leonardo, no display after renewing battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How did you contact Cressi? I sent a message through their website and they're making me go through a local dealer.

I'd say it's not worth it. Get a local computer geek to zap it w/ 3.3V off of a PC power supply, if that doesn't wake it up: throw it out: it'll suck as a backup for ZH-L or PZ or DSAT device, it sucks at deco, it needs an expensive and poorly supported IR receiver to get the data off, and so on.

Same exact problem here. I already bought a Teric (which I love) but kept the Cressi in my pocket as a backup. Well, I guess I ain't got no need for this backup no more! What a crappy piece of equipment, that so many people have the exact same problem and Cressi doesn't even pretend to have a solution.

Thanks for the reminder to check batteries...

Two Cressi Giotto's with new batteries installed in 2019. No diving in 2020. Battery level still full.

For what it's worth, I had the same problem. After trying a few things like take the battery out for a longer time, software reset, wait 48h for lockout to clear etc. The solution for me was to put the Leonadro into Gauge Mode and then taking it back into diving mode. I haven't been diving with it yet, but the start screen is back to normal and the Planing menu is back.

Very interested in iimehl’s solution. Can you give more info on how you did this without seeing the screen?

I tried this: Gave it a long press to turn it on (it beeps). Pressed the button five times to get into Gauge Mode (I think - can’t see the screen). After a few seconds, it gives a short beep. Then what? I’ve tried giving it four button-presses to get it back into Dive Mode, but the screen is still blank.

I have 5 cressi leonardo I use for courses. After 1,5 of Covid the batteries were empty. I put in new ones and 4 of my computers have no display!
I used the working one simultainiously to reset all the others, put the in gauge mode like suggested above, but nothing seems to work. HELP!!!!@

I have 5 leonardo and after battery change, 4 have no display. I tried reset, change gauge mode. Nothing seems to work. HELP!!!!

I decided to try a Varta battery based on this thread. Did not make a difference.

The Cressi rep I've been emailing with is insistent that I work with a local retailer to get it fixed, and pointed me toward Eco Dive Center. I called Eco and they confirmed that while they don't repair computers in-house, they could send it to Cressi and get it fixed for about $40 in labor, plus the cost of any necessary parts, which they estimated at somewhere around $50 depending on a host of as-yet-unknowable factors.

I don't think I'm going to do it. For ~$90 I could buy a used computer, and I wasn't that fond of this one anyway. Maybe I'll see it anyone wants it for free, knowing what it'll cost to fix it, just to keep it out of a landfill.
Update: I changed my mind and decided to take it to Eco, because I really hated the idea of throwing it away. But the technician wasn't able to fix it. I'm pretty disappointed and won't be recommending this brand.

Back
Top Bottom