Most compact/packable 20-25lb wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have, use, and really like the Hog 23lb wing. When deflated, it is quite compact.

Dive rite travel wing 25lb no solid panels, I doubt you would find the VDH 18 not enough, mine actually has 21/22 lb lift in fresh water.

I have, use, and really like the Hog 23lb wing. When deflated, it is quite compact.

I have one, and find it too wide and because of that it is short for my liking.... really like the Oxy/VDH/DR long-narrow shape...

I doubt you would find the VDH 18 not enough, mine actually has 21/22 lb lift in fresh water.

Yep! :thumb:

The Oxycheq wings are beautiful but built like a tank, so fairly stiff and does not compact as much as others for travel. Also love my VDH 18 but if I needed a wing for travel with a little more lift, I agree with the recommendation for the VDH 23.

Warning, the VDH wings are typically in high demand and hard to get but he just got some in. I wouldn’t wait long if you decide you want one.

I also have the Hog 23 and it works well for keeping me in trim. I have been tempted by the 18 lb VDH, but I am hesitant to mess with a good thing. The Hog also packs very nice for me.

I have one, and find it too wide and because of that it is short for my liking.... really like the Oxy/VDH/DR long-narrow shape...
Yup. Different sizes & shapes will work better (or worse) for different sizes & shapes of people. Choice is definitely a good thing.

The DGX single tank wing is very compact and packable...it is long and narrow with more than enough lift....

The Oxycheq wings are beautiful but built like a tank, so fairly stiff and does not compact as much as others for travel. Also love my VDH 18 but if I needed a wing for travel with a little more lift, I agree with the recommendation for the VDH 23.

Warning, the VDH wings are typically in high demand and hard to get but he just got some in. I wouldn’t wait long if you decide you want one.

Thanks. You say that the Oxycheq is rather stiff and doesn't compact well for travel. How would you compare that to the VDH you are recommending? Asking because a previous response in this thread mentioned that it doesnt compact well for travel because of the stiff/sturdy construction.

For a $199 you should seriously look at the DGX single wing...It fits what you are looking for perfectly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom