Most compact/packable 20-25lb wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anchochile

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have the Deep Six Gear 30-lb wing for my SS backplate rig, which is great for local cold water diving, but I find the wing to be super bulky and awkward to pack for a flight. It doesn't roll or fold well and ends up taking a ton of space.

I'm looking to get a 20-25lb wing for when I travel to warm-water destinations. Any advice on the most compact/packable/stowable wings in this lift range?

Some further context - when I travel I check a soft duffel and fill it with all of my "indestructibles" (backplate/harness, wetsuits, fins, clothing, boat bag, etc). With me on the plane goes my camera bag (as carry-on luggage) and a backpack as personal item. In the backpack, I carry my regulator coiled up and my wing. With my current 30-lb wing, it takes up the whole backpack and I don't have room for anything else.

vdh 23 is compact but the construction is sturdy so it doesn't pack down as small. the halcyon traveler 30 is probably the most compact travel wing as you can roll it up, but it does not have a separate shell/bladder.

did you see the deep6 20? Not really to my liking (I dive a VDH18), but it has more than 20# lift, you are familiar with the material, and it will be 2/3 the size of the 30....

My daughter uses the 30# for here at home, an the 20# for warm water travel...

VDH 23# wing. Well made, good price. Fits your specs.
Store | Vintage Double Hose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom