Indonesia closed for foreigners 01 - 14 January 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malaysia will definitely not open their international borders in July 2021. We are currently under an interstate travel ban for which there is no clear end date or plan even. No access to the islands off the east coast means I'm currently stuck with just diving in swimming pools :D

@CWK just texted me that he won’t be able to join me on Ferox, Malpelo, Colombia in July for the same reason, i.e., Malaysia is still under lockdown. :(

This article Bali Will Be Officially Opening for Tourism in July 2021 says:
“The Tourism Minister Sandiaga Uno mentioned that Australia, China, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea and Japan would be the first countries to be included on this new reopening strategy...”
Again, just personal thoughts from the boss, not actual plans. although the media would have everyone believe otherwise

We decided to reschedule our August 2021 trip to sometime next year.

@CWK just texted me that he won’t be able to join me on Ferox, Malpelo, Colombia in July for the same reason, i.e., Malaysia is still under lockdown. :(

Very unfortunate for him. I wonder whether he has been able to get vaccinated.

He has registered for it & expects to get it in 4th quarter this year.

So that still would not make it possible to travel to Indonesia or anywhere else in 2021. Even if the government actually implements a plan to allow people to travel (inter)nationally after they get both vaccination rounds, it's just going too slow for potential tourists from Malaysia.

My group of 7 have a liveboard trip to Sangalaki in August, Sangalaki-Kakaban-Maratua 4-10 August, 2021 with 15% off

Based on the 16-page discussion above, this trip is not going to happen, but, yet, White Manta (WM) won’t reschedule it to 2022 until June (originally until July, with some persuasion of our travel agent, WM moved it to June) this year. Has this happen to anyone else here?

This is ridiculous! Today, April 18, 2021, Indonesia is still closed. I even haven’t looked at the International flight schedule, much less booking one. On pre-pandemic era, I would have booked a year ahead.

You have to wonder what fantasy world they think we are in. Who is willing to be in limbo about a major long distance trip until a month before? Do most of their customers come from a few thousand
miles away?!? Who can wait until a month before to buy halfway around the world tickets?!

You have to wonder what fantasy world they think we are in. Who is willing to be in limbo about a major long distance trip until a month before? Do most of their customers come from a few thousand
miles away?!? Who can wait until a month before to buy halfway around the world tickets?!

On top of that, the Americans would be at the bottom of the list of their “preferred visitors” and yet, everyone of us in the group has been fully vaccinated.

Makes me wonder about who their actual customers are? Would we want to mingle? Are they vaccinated?
And BTW they aren't getting Australians any time soon.

Reactions: Dan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom