Grand Cayman in October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More importantly, how is the vaccination program going? I guess that we won't know much about entry requirements until after the election.

I was there in Oct 2019 and the seas were flat and the viz was superb. Water temp was 87 on average.

I was also there in Oct 2019 and I had wonderful weather for the most part. I think there may have been one day where the Divetech boat didn't go out due to wind, but it was really no problem because there is always shore diving (which is spectacular!). It's not as much of an issue as somewhere like Coz where high winds = no diving.

That said, September is sounding really good this year... though I would like to be there even sooner, if I can. All depending on vaccines and Covid guidelines.

More importantly, how is the vaccination program going? I guess that we won't know much about entry requirements until after the election.

I'll know better next Wednesday when CITA meets with Government again. As of the last report, 90% of 60 and over were vaccinated, which was one of their early goals, and 34% of the general population has been vaccinated.

Tony

Any new word on the reopening? Still hoping to get out there in October... Thanks!

I’m not with the Tourist Bureau...

October? What could possibly go wrong?
List of Cayman Islands hurricanes - Wikipedia

11B3A72B-28A2-4013-AA5B-000ACE895334.jpeg

4ED772BA-E9CD-479C-B230-2DB9F364771F.jpeg

Cayman election is a classic CF. Will take a while for the dust to settle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom