Viper Submerge Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's been a while but I though I would provide a little update for tbone1004, jack321 and others who were kind enough to provide suggestions. I ended making my own battery pack. Canadian winter can be long, especially during a COVID lockdown, so I had plenty of time to read, learn, test and all. I also received precious advices from a friend who has experience building battery packs. The longest part was waiting for the BMS (first one got lost in the mail and the second one got stuck at the border for a few weeks...). Anyway, I ended making a 40ah pack, reusing the original tube. After burn testing it on land and trimming it in my hot tub, I brought it in the water for the first time yesterday. All good! End price is somewhere between 550-600 CAD.

Now, not having that time to kill, I would have bought a battery already made. There are also so many safety reasons not to build your own pack unless you really know what you are doing...

I'll try again next winter with my wife's DPV.

Cheers!

This is beautiful. But you're paying about $350 for batteryspace to make it vs building it yourself from scratch.

I have ordered li-ions from these folks and from battery junction in the past. Both are reliable vendors
IMRBatteries.com ~ Rechargeable Lithium-ion 18650 Batteries, Chargers, and More

Batteries, Chargers, LED Flashlights, and More! (batteryjunction.com
I had battery space spec this pack which will fit in the Viper. You will have to put your own charge/discharge connectors on there, but it will fit and is far superior to the stock pack.
Custom Li-Ion 18650 Battery: 25.45V 31.5Ah (801.6Wh, 50A rate, 7x9, INR18650 MJ1)
Any chance you could share how you installed the charge/ discharge connectors.. I just bought a battery from Battery Space for my sis viper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom