TG-6 Short Battery Life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan B.

Contributor
Reaction score
Done two dives to break it in as a back-up camera, and it ran out of power before the end of the dive both times. One with the Olympus Li-90B battery, and once with a Kastar replacement. I'm leery of taking it out again, knowing the mating blue whales are just waiting for it to fail again.

Are you shooting a lot of 4K video? I have no problem getting 200 shots with a few minutes of 1080p.

the other thing that will drain the battery is GPS. Make sure "Log" lever is turned to off on the outside of the camera and make sure to turn off auto update time in your settings.

Both done. I took 49 images and two short videos on my last dive before it failed.

I got the TG4 and can dive 4-25 minute dives on it in 45 degree water and still have battery left. I agree with the others check your resolution settings and the GPS.

My, thanks for the tips. My TG-5 has very short battery life when filming. When shooting video in 4K the battery lasts less than five minutes, whether underwater or on ground regardless of tempurture.

My, thanks for the tips. My TG-5 has very short battery life when filming. When shooting video in 4K the battery lasts less than five minutes, whether underwater or on ground regardless of tempurture.

Shooting in 4K will kill your battery very very quickly. I hardly ever shoot in 4K because there's not many things that can play 4K back and end up dumbing the quality down to 1080 anyways.

Are you using genuine Olympus batteries or aftermarket?

I can shoot 50+ photos per dive in colder water (56F) and get 2 dives from a battery with no video and not shooting raw using an OLympus and also an aftermarket battery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom