2021 Guadalupe Great White Shark Season Cancelled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

living4experiences

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I received an e-mail from Nautilus Liveaboards yesterday that Mexico is not opening the park for the white shark season in 2021. I have a deposit down and was scheduled to go in August. I can't seem to copy and paste the whole e-mail to SB, so here is an excerpt of the relevant information.

We are deeply disappointed to report that the Guadalupe marine biosphere national park remains closed by special proclamation and that we understand there is virtually no chance of the park opening before next winter. This government action will prohibit us from running our 2021 schedule of shark trips. All the national parks in southern Baja Mexico are open and we are operating trips out of Cabo San Lucas, La Paz, and San Ignacio Lagoon. We are confident that Guadalupe will be open for our 2022 season.

What Does This Mean for You?
We encourage all of our guests to book on a Guadalupe 2021 trip to rebook onto the soonest available 2022 Guadalupe trip or alternatively, to use their trip fee towards one of our other destinations or any 2021 travel product on offer by Nautilus or Baja Expeditions. There are no fees associated with this transfer and we will honor 2021 pricing on future trips that may have had a price increase. Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Boat Operations Team
+1 604-241-1918
NautilusDiveAdventures.com

I just saw a post from Solmar/Pacific fleets that the 2021 season is going to be open. Yay theres hope in my life again.

I received an e-mail from Nautilus Liveaboards yesterday that Mexico is not opening the park for the white shark season in 2021. I have a deposit down and was scheduled to go in August. I can't seem to copy and paste the whole e-mail to SB, so here is an excerpt of the relevant information.

We are deeply disappointed to report that the Guadalupe marine biosphere national park remains closed by special proclamation and that we understand there is virtually no chance of the park opening before next winter. This government action will prohibit us from running our 2021 schedule of shark trips. All the national parks in southern Baja Mexico are open and we are operating trips out of Cabo San Lucas, La Paz, and San Ignacio Lagoon. We are confident that Guadalupe will be open for our 2022 season.

What Does This Mean for You?
We encourage all of our guests to book on a Guadalupe 2021 trip to rebook onto the soonest available 2022 Guadalupe trip or alternatively, to use their trip fee towards one of our other destinations or any 2021 travel product on offer by Nautilus or Baja Expeditions. There are no fees associated with this transfer and we will honor 2021 pricing on future trips that may have had a price increase. Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Boat Operations Team
+1 604-241-1918
NautilusDiveAdventures.com

I posted the same bad news a month ago (see the link to my post in previous post, above). I rescheduled mine for the 2nd time to September 2022. When is yours?

I posted the same bad news a month ago (see the link to my post in previous post, above). I rescheduled mine for the 2nd time to September 2022. When is yours?
Mine got rebooked for September 18th 2022.

I'm on a wait list for 2022, but it looks more likely the summer of 2023. :(

I know someone who was just advised that there has been an about-face and Guadalupe will be opening for tourism this year after all....

Back
Top Bottom