Ratio of Johnsons baby shampoo and water for

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's likely to be that the 50% solution isn't providing a great film on the lense

I'm a 100% person. Just a dab on my finger rubbed onto both lenses. It's important that the lense is dry before application other with you don't get a film and get fogging

I personally clean my masks every couple of months or so, with toothpaste and them warm soapy water just to remove inbuilt body oil and grease.

I did find that if I rinsed with fresh water or drinking water the mask would sometimes fog up, where as with sea water is never does (assuming correct application not over washing etc etc)

Even though I'm a nose breather I rarely get mask fogging issues but I'm diving in warm waters so that might have an impact too

Yeah thats a good point. It'll be a subfar film and will fog up quickly thereafter.

Hi
There is not enough junk in the water to add more artificial stuff?
Yes, I know, it is an infinitesimal and we are all doing worst than that (me the first) but still...

I don't think about lens cleaner as a film. I seem to have the best luck when the glass is "squeeky" clean. I use 100% and a good rinse.

Some titrate from the golden-ratio to pi (squared) should be good enough for every dive in the northern hemisphere.
I apologize for those who dive south, they should find out the best proportion in a trial and error trail.

I had, once, a buddy who used his spit and it worked flawlessly, but I didn't dare to ask for its composition, neither to borrow adequate quantity from him.
For sure he didn't wash his hair with it, but maybe because he was mainly bald.

I could never understand what all the discussion is over mask defog.

I use a ratio of 0% soap/shampoo/etc to 0% water to 100% spit, one in each lense, light rinse in whatever water I will be diving in and I am good to go. Never any mask fog issues.

I do realize that I have a special mask and guard it like the golden goose that it is.

I use a ratio of 0% soap/shampoo/etc to 0% water to 100% spit, one in each lense, light rinse in whatever water I will be diving in and I am good to go. Never any mask fog issues.

I do realize that I have a special mask and guard it like the golden goose that it is.

What is your ratio of Saliva to Phlegm?

With the added benefit that nobody else on the dive boat will want to borrow your defog.

For sure someone will ask "Does anyone have some defog I can borrow?". But they always end up declining once you hork some up for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom