2021 Bonaire roll call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curious_George

Green water guy
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone, with all the stops and starts for Bonaire travel, I thought it might be interesting and helpful to have a list of who is going when. If something gets cancelled, we can note that as well as if Curaçao or direct.

Columns could be when, who, airlines, where staying. I’ll start:

When.........................Who...................................................Airlines..............Where staying
October 2-9...............Curious George and buddies.............Delta..................Buddy Dive Tec week

Well...our plan is out there, but who knows...haven't bought flights yet...

10/2 - 10/16....AdivingBel & wife....airline???....Beachcomber Villas with Dive Friends tank pkg.

We booked for October a month ago, and flight costs have risen since then by as much as $400 (50%) depending on origin of the flight.

Some of our group think the vaccine isn’t safe so feeling a little apprehensive about the whole thing and their ability to cancel if there’s a vaccine requirement. There are still no airline change fees so the money’s not lost. We’ve moved the reservation with Buddy Dive three times.

For me, already feeling better about this after just getting my second shot. It’s nice not having to worry about getting sick from the people who are too selfish to mask up. Instead I’m watching them make each other sick.

I’m surprised nobody else has plans. Here’s the list so far:

When.........................Who...................................................Airlines..........Where staying
August ~15-30..........Cpase & wife.....................................?....................?
October 2-9...............Curious George and buddies.............Delta.............Buddy Dive Tec week
October 2-16.............AdivingBel & wife...............................None.............Beachcomber Villas

The group of friends my wife and I used to go with just booked for July, as we're now all fully vaccinated, but my wife and I are sitting this one out. We can't make the dates so it's moot anyway, but moreover, we are skeptical that Bonaire will be finished struggling with their caseload by July. Europe, where my wife's family lives, is having a hard enough time getting their people vaccinated, let alone Bonaire. And the possibility a vaccine-resistant variant might evolve in the next few months before herd immunity is achieved remains in our minds, so if I WERE booking something, I would opt for refundable.

I’m surprised nobody else has plans. Here’s the list so far:

When.........................Who...................................................Airlines..........Where staying
August ~15-30..........Cpase & wife.....................................?....................?
October 2-9...............Curious George and buddies.............Delta.............Buddy Dive Tec week
October 2-16.............AdivingBel & wife...............................None.............Beachcomber Villas
Sept 22-Oct2, Fiance and myself, AA, Sand Dollar

November 20 -27..... Hethen57 and wife..... ?......Den Laman

Good to see I’m not the only one optimistic about travel opening up this year.

When...............................Who...................................................Airlines..........Where staying
July ~last week ...............Scuba127 .........................................Delta..............?
August ~15-30.................Cpase & wife.....................................?....................?
September ~mid .............Scuba127 .........................................Delta.............?
Sept 22-Oct 2..................DustyC and Fiancé............................AA.................Sand Dollar
October 2-9......................Curious George and buddies............Delta.............Buddy Dive Tec week
October 2-16....................AdivingBel & wife..............................?....................Beachcomber Villas
November 20-27............. Hethen57 and wife............................?...................Den Laman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom