Picture ID, COVID Test and.....Credit Check?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're not a diver, I don't see much appealing about Bonaire. It would be nice for a few days, but that's about it. Nicer restaurants and night clubs would not change that (for me at least).

If you're not a diver, I don't see much appealing about Bonaire. It would be nice for a few days, but that's about it. Nicer restaurants and night clubs would not change that (for me at least).

That's what Menorca and Ibiza are for.

I sure hope they don't pursue sinking any junk on the reef. Why do you need an artificial reef when you have a (ROUGHLY) 23 mile by 120' natural reef already.

I agree. Although part of the plan moving forward does seem to include sinking another ship there. Don't know where, but I think it's on the list of things to do.

In my mind, Bonaire has long been the place where affluent divers can go to get away from the ostentatious displays of socioeconomic status. I can understand Bonaire's dilemma. We have money, but going diving on the cheap, super-casual, is part of what is so refreshing about Bonaire.

I sure hope they don't pursue sinking any junk on the reef. Why do you need an artificial reef when you have a (ROUGHLY) 23 mile by 120' natural reef already.
a new wreck dive?
Although part of the plan moving forward does seem to include sinking another ship there. Don't know where, but I think it's on the list of things to do.
What the plan actually says is:
"One idea being considered, it to add a new shipwreck to the Bonaire National Marine Park (BNMP). This can be done in a controlled manner guided by Stinapa and professional experts. Research has proven that a new shipwreck can pull divers away from the natural reef (lower burden) and create a new habitat as well for various underwater species and creatures."​

What the plan actually says is:
"One idea being considered, it to add a new shipwreck to the Bonaire National Marine Park (BNMP). This can be done in a controlled manner guided by Stinapa and professional experts. Research has proven that a new shipwreck can pull divers away from the natural reef (lower burden) and create a new habitat as well for various underwater species and creatures."​
I can vouch for the bolded part having seen 18 trucks at Hilma Hooker one Sunday AM.

Back
Top Bottom