Scubapro G250 can't be serviced??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No. On the balance chamber side. The arrow shows how short the centering shoulder is on the poppet.

Sorry for being late to the party, as usual.

I can confirm what shurite7 said. SP used to ship the s-wing poppet with the service kit, then they stopped doing it, and now they include it again, the info is current as of Dec 2020. The price is the same, about $20 retail. Backward compatibility is not a problem at all.

With that said, I don't see any compelling reasons to replace the poppet/chamber at each service: they seem to last forever (OK: 500+ dives and/or 10+ years of storage) and give very consistent performance over that period: 22-23mm H2O cracking.

Only coz I just rebuilt 2.

I found the same as @rsingler, slightly lower cracking using original shorter BC.

I also noticed am able to get even lower cracking effort using original square feet lever. I updated them both using S-wing poppets. YMMV. Of course could just be coz I had my tongue poking out to the left, who knows with G250s.

Sorry for being late to the party, as usual.

I can confirm what shurite7 said. SP used to ship the s-wing poppet with the service kit, then they stopped doing it, and now they include it again, the info is current as of Dec 2020. The price is the same, about $20 retail. Backward compatibility is not a problem at all.

With that said, I don't see any compelling reasons to replace the poppet/chamber at each service: they seem to last forever (OK: 500+ dives and/or 10+ years of storage) and give very consistent performance over that period: 22-23mm H2O cracking.
Only the G250V/G260 kit still contains the S-wing poppet assy as at now.

Good point. This is correct. It is easy to forget this step, which is why I made a note in my schematics when I first learned about it.
Assuming we are referring to the curly feet lever .141 I've found for the most part this is not necessary although can make cracking on the low side. I'm talking with G250 only, IME converting a 109/156 changing to .141 lever is required or tuning gets wonky.

I re built 2 last night, updating to S-wing poppet, using original square feet lever and both crack at just over 1", both are stable.

Interestingly I built 2 using .141 lever and had to play a bit as initial cracking was on the higher end. Switching the to the short original bc as opposed to long crown type dropped it a bit. Could've been spring too I guess, they seem to vary from one to other.

I'm rambling.

Again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom