Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SHOWA 3416s... Sealless and cosmetic-ring-less... Used in our latest video from this week. Enjoy!

I tried thread tape and bicycle tubing today. No dice. :(
The material is too thin. The suit side ring would spin while attached, so I didn't have high expectations of keeping water out. I put my hand in the suit and glove, stuck it underwater in the sink, and felt water entering the suit within a few seconds. I guess I'll have to buy more wrist seals. :(

I tried thread tape and bicycle tubing today. No dice. :(
The material is too thin. The suit side ring would spin while attached, so I didn't have high expectations of keeping water out. I put my hand in the suit and glove, stuck it underwater in the sink, and felt water entering the suit within a few seconds. I guess I'll have to buy more wrist seals. :(

By thread tape do you mean teflon tape? I'm assuming you layered it up pretty good? Just curious as that was going to be my first attempt (when the water get warmer anyway).

Yes, 1'2" Teflon tape. I wrapped it around several times but it didn't stop water the way it does on pipes. I ordered a cheap pair of seals on Ebay. The one I removed to test the tape and innertube had holes in it.

Haha... It's happened before.

Here's a video of what happened... From my point of view. Be sure that your sound is on.

Please like/subscribe/share and all that stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=394415771911083

The answer may be hidden to these 120 pages but it's probably just easier to ask: what is the inner diameter of the Ultima rings?

The answer may be hidden to these 120 pages but it's probably just easier to ask: what is the inner diameter of the Ultima rings?

Measurements are approximate and taken using a vernier caliper:

Cuff-side ring: 88.5mm at rear opening/ 90mm at front opening

Glove-side ring: 98mm (ID of red o-ring) /100mm (ID of actual ring)

-Z

Where do you get replacements of the cosmetic rings? Or alternatively, can someone post a photo of using an additional orings instead of the ring to help hold the glove in place? Had the ring split this weekend while cave diving and then the gloves kept pulling out, went through 4 gloves trying to stay dry but they kept pulling out.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom