Push Button Hill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool someone is documenting it.
That write up makes them seem a little less prepared than I'd want to be. Hopefully there will be some videos to follow.

Its been dove before and
it was commercially spearfished more than a couple times on air years ago.

Cool someone is documenting it.
That write up makes them seem a little less prepared than I'd want to be. Hopefully there will be some videos to follow.

Did seem a bit like the Keystone Cops.

this group is actually VERY dialed in, VERY experienced. I dive with this group often. I missed this day due to other obligations. On complex dives like this, things go wrong. Push Button Hill is a fairly complex structure and has a couple of "parts". In one of our early efforts, i hit 305' on one part. It goes deeper. Currents there are "squirrely" on a good day. The team will be trying again in a couple of weeks.

Glad to hear from one of the divers, you never know how the media will spin a story for dramatic effect. I have several friends who've been on television show on diving and added drama is often injected by production crew for that reason. As if diving isn't inherently exciting enough.

Sounds like the journalists weren't accustomed to the number of failures/setbacks that is "business as usual" in any marine operation.

I'm not sure how else they would have reported the events that day.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom