DO WE NEED 8K FOR UNDERWATER VIDEOGRAPHY?

Do you think 8K is needed for underwater videography?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for your comment, Angelo. Do you have a YouTube Channel where I could watch your videos?
Here my Youtube channel, but yet no Underwater video with the Kandao Qoocam 8k. I will hope to post some soon, but we are in lockdown almost since one year, so I did not manage yet to make a good dive with it!
There are indeed some test videos with this 8k camera in natural soundscapes (with spatial audio recordings).
(3) Angelo Farina - YouTube

Here my Youtube channel, but yet no Underwater video with the Kandao Qoocam 8k. I will hope to post some soon, but we are in lockdown almost since one year, so I did not manage yet to make a good dive with it!
There are indeed some test videos with this 8k camera in natural soundscapes (with spatial audio recordings).
(3) Angelo Farina - YouTube

Thank you. I will take a look.

I still shoot 1080p and my computer has some 18 TB of connected hard drives (not to mention the unconnected HDs and tons of archived footage). No thanks. I won't be alive to see 8K in common use

The processing power and disk space required to work with 8K is the issue right now. I've got a smoking fast computer and can work with 4K pretty well, would not want to push the processing or workflow to try to use 8K at this point in time. (I also hate using degraded quality proxies to process my videos, so I am editing in 4K.) I think mainstream 8k is still 3 or so years down the road.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom