Who hates their White Fusion Dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try a weight belt and add some pounds
True......I use a weight belt.....I am sure I need a few more pounds.....I am just so tired and sick of messing with this dam thing. It is hard every step of the way.....I see people donning a DUI or other trilam suits and they put them on without feeling like they are in a WWE match....and they walk around and look so comfortable. Maybe because of my body type I am 5'7 about 195. I am not obese.....I wear 33 waist pants....but I am muscular and thick so to fit my size I need a suit made for someone 6'1" and there is so much extra material. I am just exhausted messing with this thing. Thank you for the advise. What is the best advise to off loading a Dry Suit in excellent condition? Donate and take a tax deduction or try to sell it....if so sell it where Scubaboard?

True......I use a weight belt.....I am sure I need a few more pounds.....I am just so tired and sick of messing with this dam thing. It is hard every step of the way.....I see people donning a DUI or other trilam suits and they put them on without feeling like they are in a WWE match....and they walk around and look so comfortable. Maybe because of my body type I am 5'7 about 195. I am not obese.....I wear 33 waist pants....but I am muscular and thick so to fit my size I need a suit made for someone 6'1" and there is so much extra material. I am just exhausted messing with this thing. Thank you for the advise. What is the best advise to off loading a Dry Suit in excellent condition? Donate and take a tax deduction or try to sell it....if so sell it where Scubaboard?

I went from a Fusion to a custom DUI a few months ago. Night and day getting in and out of the suit.

You can sell on SB. If you’re on any local FB diving group pages, try there, as well.

I've had mine for two years now. Best suit I've owned in 15 years of diving dry.

I went from a Fusion to a custom DUI a few months ago. Night and day getting in and out of the suit.

You can sell on SB. If you’re on any local FB diving group pages, try there, as well.
Thank you Marie13, did you go with a DUI off the rack or a custom suit? Do you have an acceptable level of movement and flexibility?

Did you own a Fusion drysuit for two years?
I got the suit new in 2019. Its the only suit I've been diving since I got it, no issues to report. The excellent range of motion is why I enjoy the suit.

I got the suit new in 2019. Its the only suit I've been diving since I got it, no issues to report. The excellent range of motion is why I enjoy the suit.
Jimchris, that is great and certainly the kind of reviews that prompted me to buy the White Fusion.....must be my body type and size I guess......thank you

All I can say is I have about 25 dives on my Evo2 and I still have a tough time with the bubble, venting and all that good stuff. The reality is though, if you suit is ill fitting then that is fixable. You have not given it sufficient time (from my experience anyways) and attention from the sounds of it.

Ask my dive buddies, I started to hate diving when I first got the dry suit. I am still very much uneducated where drysuits are involved but I have seen progress so hope may be on the horizon.

My recommendation (not that it will matter):

1. get a set of gloves that fit properly
2. find a lighter undergarment so you are not as hot
3. do many shallow (30' to 60' worked best for me) and simple dives just to get used to diving. You really do have to learn to dive again with a dry suit and that can be frustrating.

Hello Steve,

Evolution ll, sounds like a Pinnacle suit.

It's all in the sizing.

Example: if you normally wear ''large'' in your clothing, and just happen to be ''tall'', your dry suit has to be a large/tall.

If you jump up to an XL to get the extra inseam length, the suit is going to be far too big! A large mens suit is for the 180/200 pound range, and XL will fit a 230/250 pound range male.

The suit will be very uncomfortable due to all the creases, especially when the air inside the suit is exhausted, the suit will trap air in the over abundant creases that will not exhaust, keeping you positively buoyant.

A properly fitting dry suit/undergarment set should be no more positively buoyant than a properly fitting 7mm wet suit.

I've been on dive boats, where some dry suit divers are wearing enough ballast to sink the Queen Mary, totally unnecessary.

I dive with a dry suit full time at home (North Pacific), I have a neoprene DUI CF 200, it fits me like a glove, and I wear no lead ballast, don't own any. I dive with HP steel, double 80's. My suit was custom made for me, it wasn't cheap, but far less expensive than what some folks are going through with a dry suit that does not fit properly.

You really need to do your homework when buying a dry suit, especially if it's your first one.

Shop associates get all starry eyed, when they think $3000. is about to go into the cash register and sometimes are more focused on filling the register, than they are in ensuring you're getting the proper product for your needs.

I don't believe dry suits are something you can easily buy on-line, unless you're replacing exactly what you have.

Rose

Thank you Marie13, did you go with a DUI off the rack or a custom suit? Do you have an acceptable level of movement and flexibility?

Custom aka made to measure. Flexibility and mobility is MUCH better. I got the FLX Extreme. Pricey but so worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom