AA DFW to CZM 45 min connection. What is plan B?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had something similar happen to me on my AA trip through Dallas to Cabo San Lucas to catch a LOB the next day. I had an early afternoon flight booked. They have changed to late morning giving me only 45 mins to connect. I don’t know the DFW airport at all. I have a call in now to find out why and what my options are.
Three flights a day and four on Saturday, on AA to SJD. Saturday the last flight is 12:36 PM and the rest of the days its 10:36 AM. They are running same day loops into Mexico (Covid?) so the crews never get off the airplane. This is typical for the bulk of the AA flights into Mexico.
DFW has a dual directional tram system, you really can get from any point to another in about 10 minutes, two elevated tram stations in each terminal.

45 min connection isn't bad at all in my opinion as long as AA has routed you all the way from your departure city to your destination with a change in DFW. Remember that airlines build in a significant buffer to their stated arrival and departure times. If you've checked bags with AA on the flight from your departure city to Coz, unless you get lost in the airport you'll make the flight and your bags will certainly make that plane to Coz. Perhaps Gopbroke can comment on what I said as he knows more about AA than any of us.

Three flights a day and four on Saturday, on AA to SJD. Saturday the last flight is 12:36 PM and the rest of the days its 10:36 AM. They are running same day loops into Mexico (Covid?) so the crews never get off the airplane. This is typical for the bulk of the AA flights into Mexico.
DFW has a dual directional tram system, you really can get from any point to another in about 10 minutes, two elevated tram stations in each terminal.
When I saw the change I assumed they canceled the flight we booked but after 3 weeks it still shows available. I assume if we do miss that flight they will put us on the later one? That would be our original flight.

Edit: It shows a fourth flight that day. We are now on the 10:36 flight the second flight. We were on the third, 12:25. It is a Monday.

@DandyDon we are flying the day before but would hate to overnight in Dallas just because AA put us on a different flight when the one I book still shows up. Plus we will miss the pretrip warmup dives.

Well I'm glad I asked because plan B appears to be

1. Since I booked through AA they may put me on another airline going to CZM.

2. Get booked on the 2:36 to Cancun and do the bag drag.

3. Stay over in Dallas and fly the next day. BTW gracious offer by Gopbroek but after flyboy08's comment why am I envisioning the scene from the movie "Joe Dirt". "he puts the lotion on."

3. Stay over in Dallas and fly the next day. BTW gracious offer by Gopbroek but after flyboy08's comment why am I envisioning the scene from the movie "Joe Dirt". "he puts the lotion on."
1: There are no other airline (scheduled) flights out of DFW to CZM.
3: Not Joe Dirt, maybe Silence of the Lambs

If there was one from DFW to CZM. I don't think so.

3. Stay over in Dallas and fly the next day.
If that comes to be, insist on room and meal vouchers. I'd rather do the Cancun flights & bag drag with complaints to follow.

Bro... You worry to much... Not healthy. Kick back and R-E-L-A-X knowing you're booked to dive Coz. If something happens it happens and ya deal with it but worrying about everything that could happen (and probably won't) is detrimental to your health. R-E-L-A-X. The heaviest crap that will hit you in life will come 100% unexpected and nothing you ever planned for. Worrying about a plane connection? Really?

We had a 45 minute layover flying into DFW from Augusta Ga to CZM on Tuesday. Not a problem. We had bad info and were first directed to the wrong gate. Got back on the train and still made the flight! Happy to be enjoying island time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom