Fujifilm x-t3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DXHI

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is anyone shooting this camera underwater? I'm considering, but worried about lack of image stabilization.

Would love to hear opinions from owners, and if willing to share...see pics

I would be more concerned about limited lens selection for use underwater. No fisheye and Fuji's macro lens only goes to 1:2 as I recall - it does depends on what you want to shoot. I recommend looking at UW from a complete system approach - availability and cost of of housings, support for lenses and suitable ports, how do you trigger strobes etc along with what you want to shoot UW all has an impact.

I have the exactly same question. I'm a Fuji use above water and I'm thinking about being a Fuji user also underwater. I´m more into photography and wide-angle. I think it´s easier. But I admit that other systems (mainly full frame) have more advantages mostly for the lenses available. The case you can find easily. I´m thinking about an Ikelite. I already have the strobes and the tray. I'm currently using them with a Fantasea case on a Canon G7X II. So if someone with real Fuji experience underwater is interested in sharing the knowledge I´m all ears.

Hello!!
Possibly a little bit outdated, but I have just discovered this forum.
I own a X-T3 housed in a Nauticam housing for nine months now.
Until now my only experience is with the 80mm macro, (actually it is my only underwater photography experience) and I have to say that I am very happy with the system.
The usability of the camera in the Nauticam housing is very good, and I have no complaints about it.
The X-T3 + 80mm macro behaves very well underwater, the focus is fast and quite accurate.
No complaints about the image quality too, provided I stay bellow f16, due to refraction.
I have no experience on the wide angle area, but I plan to experiment with the MWL-1 soon.
Any other questions under my knowledge will be happily answered.
Best Regards!!

The biggest disadvantage of the Fuji XT-3 UW is lack of a fisheye option, you could probably adapt a Canon 8-15 but it's currently not on the port charts for Nauticam or Ikelite and you'd be on your own with regards to a zoom gear and getting the right amount of extension. If you really want to do reef scenics, a fisheye is unbeatable - Some of the wet optics options will get you wide but still not really a match for a fisheye.

Ikelite is certainly an option, but read the fine print in the port charts, for example some lenses don't have zoom support.

Back
Top Bottom