Ultrasonic cleaner recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You do know the unecessarily expensive stuff selling people invented that wisdom
Doesn't make it any less true.

I bought 2 cheap chinese cleaners - from different sources so not a batch issue, they both failed after a couple of months of fairly light use. Even paid shipping for a replacement electronics board on one and that failed too! I've had similar experience with other cheap electronic items.

I've had 2 GT Sonic cleaners (about double the price of the cheap versions) for 4 years and they haven't skipped a beat.

In the good old days I would wait until mum had finished boiling the eggs
and when she left quickly throw all my brass pieces in the same saucepan

full.jpg

but with the advent of electricity and Sunday markets 5 bucks got me this

You all got me going so I think if I speed up the printer I may buy this one

Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner UltraSonic Bath Cleaning Tank Timer Heater industrial | eBay

I'm just lucky

Hello!

or this one

Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner 800ml 0.8l Stainless Steel Cleaning Timer Grade

You all got me going so I think if I speed up the printer I may buy this one
Cry not, when it dies one day after the warranty ends.

Probably died at about 20 hours of cumulative use. I think it was more the on/off than the total time. They sent me a replacement circuit board, but I haven't had the energy to wire it in. Maybe when I need two ultrasonics - one just warm detergent; the other with phosphoric acid. Probably not this lifetime.
When you decide you need the space on your bench, I'll PM you my address and paypal you some shipping funds. RE Cycling is good. You want to do something good, don't you?

Actually, all i really need is the container. I've already got a 200w driver and two 100w transducers. eh? eh? nudge nudge, wink wink?

If one is only rebuilding his personal regulators (4 or less) I say forget about using an ultrasonic cleaner. One of my hobbies is rebuilding regulators so, yes I have a couple of US cleaners (Branson) and yes they are helpful; but learning to mix and use an acid bath (plus a little more-but not much elbow grease) is every bit as effective as an US cleaner.

However, to the OP's question: if you are bound and determined to get a US cleaner, I can recommend Branson. I bought two used on eBay and after a couple of years of moderate use are still going strong.

If one is only rebuilding his personal regulators (4 or less) I say forget about using an ultrasonic cleaner. One of my hobbies is rebuilding regulators so, yes I have a couple of US cleaners (Branson) and yes they are helpful; but learning to mix and use an acid bath (plus a little more-but not much elbow grease) is every bit as effective as an US cleaner.

However, to the OP's question: if you are bound and determined to get a US cleaner, I can recommend Branson. I bought two used on eBay and after a couple of years of moderate use are still going strong.

That's what I was going to say. Warm Blue gold soak and a toothbrush does a pretty good job. I clean plastic pieces with Alconox.

Back
Top Bottom