Juliet liveaboard question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not communicate with the Juliet directly?

Because the Juliet will tell you to contact the dive shop who has that week reserved. Most if not all of the weeks available on the Juliet this year are dive shop charters. For example, the week we are/were looking at 8/21-8/27 is through our local dive shop. You cannot book or work with Juliet directly if the week is already through a dive shop. You have to book with the dive shop.

I'll go back and doublecheck, but all availability this year are through a dive shop. I could book a different week through another dive shop, which I may do, depending on whether I get an answer from our local dive shop. At this point, I am considering a change to something else. It is our 20th anniversary that week, and while it's not necessary to go away that exact week, it was my preference.

I contacted Kat at the Juliet, and there is availability on Oct 2 but no ensuite. Cabin #4 "honeymoon" cabin is available. It looks really nice. But no private head. Is that a big deal? Maybe not! I don't know. I'm not fussy and I don't need anything fancy, after all this is a dedicated dive trip, but I don't know if I like having to potentially wait to use the head. I'm a woman past 40 and when I have to go, I have to GO! Is that TMI?

I contacted Kat at the Juliet, and there is availability on Oct 2 but no ensuite. Cabin #4 "honeymoon" cabin is available. It looks really nice. But no private head. Is that a big deal? Maybe not! I don't know. I'm not fussy and I don't need anything fancy, after all this is a dedicated dive trip, but I don't know if I like having to potentially wait to use the head. I'm a woman past 40 and when I have to go, I have to GO! Is that TMI?

Not around here, it isn't :p

I know that you're trying to get on through dive op bookings but why not try Greg at liquiddiveadventures. You should be able to reach him here as @aquabluegreg.

He's been my go to guy for years. I haven't been disappointed yet!

Not around here, it isn't :p

I know that you're trying to get on through dive op bookings but why not try Greg at liquiddiveadventures. You should be able to reach him here as @aquabluegreg.

He's been my gobto guy for years. I haven't been disappointed yet!
I will take my dive trips any way I can get them right now. LOL. It's been since November 2019 that we've been diving. So yeah, I'm really impatient to go somewhere.

There are three heads onboard and if that's not enough hang over the rail and let it go. You will be fine.

There are three heads onboard and if that's not enough hang over the rail and let it go. You will be fine.
I don't know about hanging over the rail, but maybe it's time to join the ranks of peeing in my wetsuit.....

That "honeymoon" cabin looks really nice, two portholes, bigger bed, etc. - and also cheaper. Maybe I should book Cozumel for our anniversary in August and Juliet in October. Hey, there's an idea! Now I just need a little more money....

I don't know about hanging over the rail, but maybe it's time to join the ranks of peeing in my wetsuit.....

That "honeymoon" cabin looks really nice, two portholes, bigger bed, etc. - and also cheaper. Maybe I should book Cozumel for our anniversary in August and Juliet in October. Hey, there's an idea! Now I just need a little more money....
That sounds like a good idea! You mentioned not having to get an antigen test when returning back to Miami on the Juliet as a positive (and it is); but you will have to get COVID test within 5 days of arrival in the Bahamas. Cozumel, on the other hand is the other way around. No test needed prior to arrival, but you need one within 72 hours of departure upon return. I am in Cozumel now and they have made obtaining the test and getting the results as painless as could be.

August is one of the warmest and often humid months in Cozumel, so keep that in mind. But the water is also at its warmest and most clear.

I'll just pop in to say that the only test requirement for our trips is the one required by the Bahamas 5 days before entering the Bahamas. No additional test is required once in the Bahamas as we are not staying for more than 5 days (arrival Sunday, departure Thursday) and the testing requirements for re-entering the US only apply to fights, not sea travel.
Happy diving!

That sounds like a good idea! You mentioned not having to get an antigen test when returning back to Miami on the Juliet as a positive (and it is); but you will have to get COVID test within 5 days of arrival in the Bahamas. Cozumel, on the other hand is the other way around. No test needed prior to arrival, but you need one within 72 hours of departure upon return. I am in Cozumel now and they have made obtaining the test and getting the results as painless as could be.

August is one of the warmest and often humid months in Cozumel, so keep that in mind. But the water is also at its warmest and most clear.

I've read very positive reviews here on SB about testing in Cozumel prior to return to the States. I guess a small part of me thinks well gee you can still test positive even if fully vaccinated (which we both are) and then you are stuck somewhere for up to 2 weeks. We both work, and mostly I would not want to leave our dogs boarding for that long. If we were to test positive PRIOR to leaving, no harm no foul as I'll have trip insurance.

Now having said that, we are still considering Cozumel as well for this year :) but the Juliet seems to be calling.

I've read very positive reviews here on SB about testing in Cozumel prior to return to the States. I guess a small part of me thinks well gee you can still test positive even if fully vaccinated (which we both are) and then you are stuck somewhere for up to 2 weeks. We both work, and mostly I would not want to leave our dogs boarding for that long. If we were to test positive PRIOR to leaving, no harm no foul as I'll have trip insurance.

Now having said that, we are still considering Cozumel as well for this year :) but the Juliet seems to be calling.
Makes sense to me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom