Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fun dive on Easter Sunday, not great vis, but what the world is this fish? .... it was like alien - big bat wings, little crawly legs.

Flying Gurnard. They are seen there on occasion. Nice find!

Flying gurnard - Wikipedia
NIce find. It's a banded sea robin. The sea robins have a "beak" shaped face, gunards are more blunt.
29512149_10155394693123531_9154584300806459753_n.jpg

I think I saw one there as well-

Hard to tell, was acting more like the scorptionfish, I think the mushroom scorptionfish will move like that..

NIce find. It's a banded sea robin. The sea robins have a "beak" shaped face, gunards are more blunt.
View attachment 651947

Hard to tell, was acting more like the scorptionfish, I think the mushroom scorptionfish will move like that..

Gurnards & Sea Robins. I’ve always been told they are the same fish, possibly incorrectly.

EDIT: I looked it up. Definitely similar but different species. Thank you @Scuba_Jenny!

I have this Friday off and high tide is at 11:48 AM, worth driving down from Brevard county for my first BHB dive? How busy does everyone think it will be?

I have this Friday off and high tide is at 11:48 AM, worth driving down from Brevard county for my first BHB dive? How busy does everyone think it will be?
Friday is better than the weekend, but, with working from home, I have found weekdays, especially Friday, busier. I would get there quite early, relax, have a late breakfast or early lunch, enjoy yourself before your dive.

Sunday 4/18 is Floatopia. Forewarned is forearmed. It always reminds me of Sheldon Cooper's "Fun with Flags" segment on Big Bang Theory. Everyone has a flag and it seems the more outrageous the better!

Looks like a Bluewing Searobin. NIce find. I hear that there are like 9 species of searobins seen at the bridge!!

We have been diving the BHB this week, and every day gets better and better! Yesterday, I found two frog fish, and a seahorse! Today, another two frogfish. And we had a lovely little group of squid come right by us. As I was trying to snap a good picture, in surge, I looked down, and since I was in a nice sandy spot, I used my finger to stabilize me a bit. I did not expect the sand to move beneath my finger, and this guy to pop out! It was quite the shock! (Pun totally intended.) Even more shocking (sorry, I can't resist) was the fact that I did not get shocked. How is that possible?! Unless I just have a very high shock threshold, ha. Anyways, It was another spectacular day, and I'm super excited to not only see a stargazer, but also avoid getting shocked or poisoned!

I'm still pretty new to shooting photos, so I apologize that the pictures aren't as great as I'd like them to be.

PugFish.JPG
Saru.JPG

P5010108 (3).JPG

P4304086 (2).JPG

Today was our last day until we can get back at the end of the month. We didn't see a lot today, except for two mating homosapiens in the swimming area. Awkward.... We did see a blue spotted cornetfish, two octupus and a couple of nudibranches.

Here's a video I put together from yesterday's hijinks!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom