Scubapro G250 can't be serviced??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The poppet spring and balanced chamber...snip....each no more than couple of dollars.

Please share this information. Where can one purchase any of these items for "no more than a couple of dollars?" I cannot even find a seat for $5 much less a poppet assembly for much under $20.

BTW I agree updating the OP's G250 to the current valve components is a good idea. But unless he is armed with decent information, a LDS may try to take him to the cleaners.

Please share this information. Where can one purchase any of these items for "no more than a couple of dollars?" I cannot even find a seat for $5 much less a poppet assembly for much under $20.

BTW I agree updating the OP's G250 to the current valve components is a good idea. But unless he is armed with decent information, a LDS may try to take him to the cleaners.
Here:
Vintage Double Hose - balance chamber and spring
Scubapro G- 250, R-109, R-156, G 200 B & Other SP "S" Poppet assembly complete - S-wing poppet

The poppet comes in the service kit with the o-rings and seat on it. There is a service kit on eBay for $25. If I remember correctly (I left the shop a few months ago to pursue a better paying career) that was about the price I charged for the kit. The balance chamber and spring are not that much, even at keystone pricing. I converted enough to remember the general range and know it isn’t that much.

On eBay I did see S-poppets with o-rings and seat for around $25. If people are willing to pay that price, then more power to the seller.

So a "couple of dollars" is more like $50

So a "couple of dollars" is more like $50

Not even close. Less than $10 for the poppet spring and balance chamber. None of my customers blinked an eye when I informed them about the upgrade and the minimal cost. Now, if someone wants to charge $50 the two items, that is their prerogative.

Less than $10 for the poppet spring and balance chamber.

I'm sorry, but you are living in the past...way in the past. I cannot prove it, but I would be willing to bet even a Scubapro shop cannot obtain all of those items for $10 today.

The
I'm sorry, but you are living in the past...way in the past. I cannot prove it, but I would be willing to bet even a Scubapro shop cannot obtain all of those items for $10 today.

Prove it. No, I am not living in the past, yesterday I serviced a Mk10/G250.

The spring and balance chamber are not that expensive, less than $10 for both. I know this because I have the recent cost list from SP. And no, I'm not going to post the store cost because I don't feel the need to. As I stated above, the service kit is offered on eBay for $25 and it has the poppet.

My point is, the owner of the reg in the original post can take the reg in and get it updated at a reasonable cost. Some service shops will charge more, others less for parts. He/she should not be scared off by posters quoting outrageous claims.

The

The spring and balance chamber are not that expensive, less than $10 for both. I know this because I have the recent cost list from SP. And no, I'm not going to post the store cost because I don't feel the need to. As I stated above, the service kit is offered on eBay for $25 and it has the poppet.

My point is, the owner of the reg in the original post can take the reg in and get it updated at a reasonable cost. Some service shops will charge more, others less for parts. He/she should not be scared off by posters quoting outrageous claims.
Holy feces! I should have bought my parts from you!

The

So customer price for poppet, spring and b/c are less then $10 for all? Can we order from you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom