Is it possible to travel responsibly (during a pandemic)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whether it's diving or anything else, you can be as responsible as you like, it's the irresponsibility of others that will get you into trouble.
This is the issue that has been bothered me since 2002 for travelling as I have no control of the others! Personal hygiene is most important especially on public transport, airport and bus/ferry terminal. Sanitation pack and mask in my day pack.
And I might have to consider wearing mask from now on in those mentioned places. What have I got to lose?

Good luck Canada

Typical CDC guidance = doesn’t fully make sense. They say vaccinated folks are low risk and don’t need to test before or after domestic air travel (BTW - who was doing that anyhow as it has not been not a requirement?). Yet, they still need to test before we return to the US? Why? Cases in the US are still rising and variants are already here - so what’s the difference? Either vaccinated folks are low risk or not - regardless of coming from domestic or international locations.

They also say that vaccinated folks don’t need to test before international travel... unless the destination requires it?? WTF - It was never the CDC’s call on the need to test before international travel - it’s been the destination’s requirement.

It’s this messy communication that reduces the credibility of CDC guidance for many!

You suggesting that the ridiculous handwritten vaccination card is sufficient proof of vaccination? If we had a better method of verification, I’d agree totally with you.

You suggesting that the ridiculous handwritten vaccination card is sufficient proof of vaccination? If we had a better method of verification, I’d agree totally with you.
Without knowing anything about it, it does seem that a blood test of some kind should tell me if I'm vaccinated. If done with a finger prick and a readout like a BG meter, it would take just seconds to prove your status at an airport or an immigration counter, and hard to fake.

Without knowing anything about it, it does seem that a blood test of some kind should tell me if I'm vaccinated. If done with a finger prick and a readout like a BG meter, it would take just seconds to prove your status at an airport or an immigration counter, and hard to fake.

Interesting point. I just can’t see it happening. Hemophobia, 7th day Adventists etc. Israel has a better solution on their Mobile devices.

That’s, hopefully, coming!

Though mine is only handwritten for the dates - there is a printed sticker with 2 different account codes, a barcode, a QR code along with name, DOB, age, sex and date of admission/first shot. A sticker with LOT and EXP for each shot is affixed as well. All easy enough to fake, I suppose, if not verifiable through an accessible database or app, though.

That’s, hopefully, coming!

Though mine is only handwritten for the dates - there is a printed sticker with 2 different account codes, a barcode, a QR code along with name, DOB, age, sex and date of admission/first shot. A sticker with LOT and EXP for each shot is affixed as well. All easy enough to fake, I suppose, if not verifiable through an accessible database or app, though.

Yes, you can buy them on the dark web complete with QRs and matching lot numbers. Pretty reasonable for the price of a calzone and a few canolies here in NJ.

The New York app validates the information on the handwritten card against state records when it downloads the certificate.

Back
Top Bottom