What to do with these yoke kits I pulled off my regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They can be converted into transfill whips or pressure checkers.

However, I suggest you keep 'em. It's not difficult to swap kits as you know. I swap the din/yoke kit instead of using a din to yoke adapter when I travel.

Long ago, when the SB chorus instilled in me how much better DIN is, I too replaced my yokes with DIN. I'm glad I kept them because after a few years and a few trips to the Caribbean and other tropical resort-like destinations, I switched them back to yoke.

save 'em and put them back in for Caribbean travel, yoke is still most common an lighter than an adpater

Agreed. At least keep one or two. Outside of Europe, I haven't been to a place where DIN valves dominated and yoke valves were hard to find. Din to Yoke adapters are a PITA.

I also vote to keep. If for any reason you want to sell the regs the conversion kit may help.

Back
Top Bottom