Apeks WTX Surelock weight pocket placement question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phillm47

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an Apeks WTX BPW with the Surelock quick-release weight pocket system. There are three mounting positions for the weight pockets. As can be seen in the picture below, the positions are closest to BPW, a little further out, further still. How does one determine the correct position or placement? I have them set at the middle position and they seem to work and balance just fine, but now I am looking to add a couple of accessories to my waist belt for an upcoming liveaboard trip and wondering how to determine the optimal mounting position for these pockets.Thank you!

[G

Sadly....the pouches take up a lot of real estate.....if you don’t need a lot of weight, might be better off not mounting the big pouches and picking up a few of the XS scuba pouches for $10 ea.

I have an Apeks WTX BPW with the Surelock quick-release weight pocket system. There are three mounting positions for the weight pockets. As can be seen in the picture below, the positions are closest to BPW, a little further out, further still. How does one determine the correct position or placement? I have them set at the middle position and they seem to work and balance just fine, but now I am looking to add a couple of accessories to my waist belt for an upcoming liveaboard trip and wondering how to determine the optimal mounting position for these pockets.Thank you!

[G
I’ve found your waist size determines the position the most, and then the position of the pockets/D-rings. I have a very narrow waist and cannot use at the largest or even middle positions without compromising the the size of the waist. If you have a larger waist then you have the option to move them based on whether you wish them further back with more room on belt or further forward. I’m sure you have realized this just by playing around with it as it’s not rocket science.

I’ve found your waist size determines the position the most, and then the position of the pockets/D-rings. I have a very narrow waist and cannot use at the largest or even middle positions without compromising the the size of the waist. If you have a larger waist then you have the option to move them based on whether you wish them further back with more room on belt or further forward. I’m sure you have realized this just by playing around with it as it’s not rocket science.

Thank you. Yes, I have been playing around with it and settled on a location that works for me. Actually it worked well on a recent liveaboard trip to Saba. As you said, it's not rocket science. Thank you for the reply!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom