Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately no country has made any suggestion on how to implement the idea globally

There will be a lot of politics thrown around whatever happens. I expect a mix of vaccination and a negative PCR with perhaps a couple of days quarantine, but who knows.

As long as something is put in place that avoids a long quarantine and diving can be done within a few days of arriving.

That's the time frame that I'm shooting for, if not a month earlier than that, and certainly as soon as Indonesia is open, I'm making the jump!

Bali may open in April 2022 according to their health minister but not the rest of the country.

Maybe it's my age but I don't dive for adrenaline rushes anymore...just the opposite actually...to relax and maybe see a few interesting things. In fact, my fav diving is muck diving and there isn't much adreline in that, unless you step on a stonefish. I've done the similans liveaboard thing a couple times and the diving can be very good (much better than the local Phuket day-dive sites). However, you pay a premium and I've been there done that and I really don't fancy sleeping on a bobbing ship again for up to a week. I much prefer going out for the day and coming home and eating at a nice resto and sleeping in a comfortable (non-rocking) bed. I've never dived Ko Lanta area...there is a boat doing a 4 nite liveaboard next month to that area. Bali and the Philippines are my fav places to dive...so much variety. Of course Sipidan/Mabul is tops too.
I would be very surprised if you are older than I!
Judging by the number of divers going to Lembeh and Anialo. The excitement is there for all to see.
As I had told you before: dive what ever way you like.

hYW7c3B.jpg

Lets see what happened in few months time.
One step at a time.
Weather will NOT be that great from Jul til Oct. The last two phases are more relevant to divers

Vaccine Certificate? Need clarification on this? Issued by who?

Lets see what happened in few months time.
One step at a time.
Weather will NOT be that great from Jul til Oct. The last two phases are more relevant to divers

The main condition here is that in order for this to progress at the moment it has been announced that a 70% vaccination grade within Thailand is required. First for Phuket, since that will be the first quarantine free entry point, later other areas. And at the moment I don't see that happen.

Here is what we have here: What is a Green Pass?

Israel being at the forefront of vaccination efforts, I suppose that other countries will implement something similar; it will be up to Thai government whether they will recognize those or not.

I have just returned home after spending ~3 months in Thailand (mostly on Koh Tao, but I also did a liveaboard to Richelieu Rock and Surin), and I'm considering going to Phuket for the October holidays.

Here is what we have here: What is a Green Pass?

Israel being at the forefront of vaccination efforts, I suppose that other countries will implement something similar; it will be up to Thai government whether they will recognize those or not.

I have just returned home after spending ~3 months in Thailand (mostly on Koh Tao, but I also did a liveaboard to Richelieu Rock and Surin), and I'm considering going to Phuket for the October holidays.
We do not have anything remotely similar to that in HK.
Of course tt has to be agreed between both parties.
And you did not go to Koh Lanta while in Phuket!

The main condition here is that in order for this to progress at the moment it has been announced that a 70% vaccination grade within Thailand is required. First for Phuket, since that will be the first quarantine free entry point, later other areas. And at the moment I don't see that happen.
I understand that and there is NO rush.
But at least there is a plan/time frame rather than empty promises/speculation.
The required quarantine period has indeed been reduced from 14 days to 7 days.

We do not have anything remotely similar to that in HK.
Of course tt has to be agreed between both parties.
And you did not go to Koh Lanta while in Phuket!

Considering that Hong Kong has ~6% of the population vaccinated so far, compared to Israel's 60%, I'd say - give it time; they'll figure something out.

I actually didn't go to Phuket at all; I went on the Smiling Seahorse out of Ranong rather than Khao Lak, and it was a photography charter in which we did two days at Richelieu Rock (seven dives + 1 blackwater dive off Surin), then one day at Surin (one dive at Koh Bon, two and Koh Tachai, and then a blackwater dive off Koh Tachai), and then three more dives at Richelieu Rock on the last day. Didn't touch Similans at all.
Koh Lanta was my primary choice of destination, but inquiries to local dive shops last November indicated that it was totally dead, while Koh Tao was quite lively, so that's where I went. It worked out quite well, all things considered - I rented a house with fiber optic internet so I was able to keep working normally and dive on weekends, and I joined a local group doing muck diving photography, which is not a well-publicized feature of Koh Tao.

Back
Top Bottom